Prosthetic Aortic Valve Database?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Egads! Wow, I haven't heard that one for awhile, and yes, thanks, I AM a trooper, but with such a fantastic surgeon, an artist according to my cardio, I am doing really well, now, 7 mos after my 3rd OHS. This one was actually easier recovery than my 2nd one. I had hardly any coughing after surgery, what with 4 chest tubes. And I was pretty strong and walking the halls within a few days. I was the only pt walking at 3am, and I got lots of goodies: hot choc, cookies, brownies, etc. You, too, will do well with Miller and his team!

Gail - Thanks so much. You're story is inspirational to me and your confidence in Miller and his staff after 3 operations is extremely reassuring.

My surgeon said to count on only 10 yrs with a tissue valve, and that was just this past Feb. I wasn't sure what kind I would get, he made the decision when he got inside and looked at the damage from the BE. I still wonder why a well known, great surgeon says 10 yrs, when so many are told they last much longer. I would suggest to do your homework on the tissue valve longevity. I got another mechanical, St judes with conduit this time replacing carbomedic.
Gail: I think I now have a better understanding of why Dr. Miller said 10 years or so for you and me with a bio valve. In our age group, that is essentially what the data shows in the two large studies with the SJM Biocor valve. You can read more of what I learned here..
http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showpost.php?p=422214&postcount=43

Latest posts

Back