Pros and Cons of Shands

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glooney34

I'm going Tuesday to see Dr. Thomas Beaver. Referral from my local area cardiologist. I live 2+ hours away in Spring Hill. He thinks Beaver is the best.He is not happy with options in the Tampa Bay and North area. I need AVR to be followed by Colon Cancer surgery within a month or two after that. Needless to say, my anxiety level is through the roof. I would prefer TAVR or minimally invasive, but they tell me a Cath study must be done first. Please comment, scary times. I need confidence.

I hear really good things about Shands. We have some members that have been there. I traveled from Pensacola to Birmingham, about 5 hours away for my surgery. My personal thought is to extend your stay in a hotel, etc. by a few days before you travel back home, if you can afford it. That way you will very close in case you need your doc soon after surgery. It may help give you a little peace of mind. That's my 2 cents. It is a very scary time before surgery. I hope you find dome peace soon. I'm sure some of our other members will be along to chime in soon.

Latest posts

Back