Progress!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STEVE!!!!

Awesome news, bud.

Hmm....that cardiologist at Northwestern ... Mendelson, by chance? AND...in the pacemaker clinic...was Mary the one you saw? If so on both of those ... those 2 are simply awesome! :)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_05.21.11_FrnkGrv.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I know there's so much more to life" __ Vonda Shepard __ 'Searchin' My Soul (Ally McBeal)'

Cort,

The cardio was Dr. Preeti Kansal, a very nice lady. There is also a male cardio with the same last name, so things sometimes had to be clarified.

I'll have to get back to you on the pacemaker tech - I don't have her card with me. The electrophysiologist I'm seeing there is Doctor Kim (I think his first name is Robert, but not sure). He seems to be well tuned in to things for active patients, so I am hopeful that we can arrive at settings that will "work" for me and for my gym activities. I don't see Dr. Kim until early August, but I imagine I'll be starting rehab in the next couple of weeks. We'll see if I have to get to see him sooner, if I hit the limits too soon. I've been doing my "brisk" walks (4 mi/hr pace, 2 mi/day) at the gym, and have even tried a slow jog for short distances (like 0.1 mi). It seems that the extra effort of jogging may take me to my limits. Will have to wait for rehab evaluation next week to see.

hello sir ,
l.i m heart patient since 1999 (12 yr) and also having balluing or my volve. now dr. of sgpgi lucknow's dr suggest me to dvr (
duble volve replacement its arotic n mitral volve .now i y age is 24 and no high blod presuer,no diabetes no one other..i think for the operation in mumbai asia heart insitute by dr.panda in aug2011.
pls suggest any one which is the best hospital in india n pls telll me the hope of life any one is there who live 10 to 15 years after the volve rplacement plssssss

Cort,

The cardio was Dr. Preeti Kansal, a very nice lady. There is also a male cardio with the same last name, so things sometimes had to be clarified.

Hmmm...that name doesn't ring a bell for me. Then again, I don't know many of the cardiologists there...LOL!

epstns said:
I'll have to get back to you on the pacemaker tech - I don't have her card with me. The electrophysiologist I'm seeing there is Doctor Kim (I think his first name is Robert, but not sure).

I think Dr. Kim may be fairly new there, but I'm not sure. The electrophysiologist I saw a few years ago left to start her own practice.

As far as the Pacemaker tech, I'm guessing the one I was thinking of had already left. Her name is Mary; I connect with her on Facebook ... and, at my checkup last Thursday, she actually stopped by JUST TO SEE ME!!!! How cool is that? Wish the other news of the checkup had been as good...LOL. *rolls eyes*

And, yes ... I know ... we need to get together. The ladies said that June 5 or June 12 would work for them.... Let me know.....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_07.30.11_Cold.Treat *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It seemed they'd already forgotten we'd came" __ Toad The Wet Sprocket __ 'Walk On The Ocean'

*nods*

Sounds good ... you have my cell # ... :)!

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_10.15.11_Volo.IL *
"Sometimes it feels like its all moving way too fast" __ Pat Benatar __ 'Shadows Of The Night'

Dear Steve, GREAT news, I love the good news posts as it gives me a glimpse of what will come hopefully for me too. Thanks for sharing the great news.

Steve

I had the same operation as you at Northwestern, my surgery was May 17th. Dr. Malaisrie was the surgeon and Patty Vasallo was the assigned cardio. Next Tuesday will be three weeks for me and I am so happy I chose Northwestern. I agree with you, it is a great facility. Since I live in Florida, I stayed in a Hotel for a week after 4 days in the hospital. Thanks for your posts, they were very helpful to me. Glad to hear you are doing so well, I am confident the constant tiredness I have will diminish over time

Steve
VERY happy you had such an excellent report, as I know you have gone through several obstacles, that some are lucky enough to not have to go through. I have read all your posts, and watched your progress and am happy you are now over the "bumps".......and feeling so much better. Did you go to Cardiac Rehab ?
Cheers.......to a normal long lasting life :)
Renee

Back