Pre-Op Hop & Ready to Rock!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter Bob

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well I did the 4hr pre-op yesterday in preparation for Thursdays AVR. No surprises except they wanted a Dental Clearance for peridontal disease. I guess I missed that form somewhere down the line. My BP was higher than I've ever seen it; 160/103:confused:. The nurses were concerned with that, but both the surgeon and "gas passer" who interviewed me were not concerned.

I played racquetball with the guy who installed all the new operating rooms and the three Cardiac Surgical "suites" for the new hospital I am going to. He said theyare the most advanced operating rooms in the Northwest and my surgeon would be his first choice. So I feel pretty confident on my chances:D

This whole experience has been a real rocket ride. I am sooo greatful for this forum which has really settled me down from the initial shock of the diagnosis and needed surgery. I'll try to post from the "other side" as soon as I can. I took my laptop up to the Cardiac floor to check that the WiFi would work on my computer.

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers!!

Bob

Bob, I hope everything goes smoothly for you. From the time you check in tomorrow, you are going to have lots of people around who know what they are doing and can help with your recovery. Rely on their knowledge and ask your questions as you think of them. I look forward to hearing from you next week.

Larry

You sound ready and confident! PERFECT!!

You will be amazed at the ease of the ride. Sure you will have to maneuver some bumps, but all in all, you will be back on that racquetball court in no time!

Best wishes fellow-Oregonian!! Godspeed!!!

Marguerite

Gee, I can't imagine why your BP would be up.... could it be because you're going to have heart surgery???? If that's not stressful, I don't know what is.

Wishing you the best outcome and peace. Will be waiting to hear from you on the other side.

Bob,

I wish you a successful surgery followed by a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Checking out the wireless on the cardiac floor, now that's one pre-op checklist item that I missed LOL.

Again, best wishes.

Ruth

Bob,
Sending out positive vibes and prayers to you for a successful surgery and bump free recovery. Before you know it, it will be behind you and you will be able to focus on recovery!

Latest posts

Back