Pre and Post-op Pics

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good afternoon!

Dad is looking about the same...still good. He got a really good night of sleep.
This morning he had a rough patch. He got cold, so he had the heat turned up. He suddenly got hot and nauseous. As soon as he got some cold wash rags and turned the heat back down, he was fine and up walking around again (another 2 laps). Mom's convinced he had a hot flash. I think she enjoyed that.

So far, still uneventful. No new pictures this morning...he looks the same and the pictures are getting quite redundant.

Have a wonderful afternoon!
Courtney

Good afternoon!

Dad is looking about the same...still good. He got a really good night of sleep.
This morning he had a rough patch. He got cold, so he had the heat turned up. He suddenly got hot and nauseous. As soon as he got some cold wash rags and turned the heat back down, he was fine and up walking around again (another 2 laps). Mom's convinced he had a hot flash. I think she enjoyed that.

So far, still uneventful. No new pictures this morning...he looks the same and the pictures are getting quite redundant.

Have a wonderful afternoon!
Courtney

I am still having uncontrollable shakes every once in a while, get cold then hot, and night sweats, they say it is normal, so it will just take time.
God Bless

Hey,

Today has been dad's worst day so far. He's had quite a few ups and downs today. He had a couple more little episodes like the one he had this morning. He has figured out how to make them pass quickly though, so that's good. He looks a little tired, but other than that still looking the same. He's still trying so hard to be a good patient and keep a good attitude, although he has had a couple of testy moments (not a lot, and it's totally understandable).

He has had quite a few visitors today. That has worn him out a little. We can tell that he needs to get some rest. He really hasn't rested since lunch today because of all of the people in and out. It became quickly apparent when the last few family members left a little while ago.

He went for his second walk of the day a little earlier and made it 4 laps around the wing. He wanted to go for another walk tonight, but feels he needs to rest instead. It's been a busy day. He's crawling into bed.

He was able to have his first Coke today, and said it was like Heaven.

Have a good night!
Courtney

I hope the coke tasted deelicious...I especially love his heart pillow...did you all make that for him...its fabulous...we all should have one of those and like you guys sign it and everything...I am in awe of how great your dad looks.

Good morning!

Dad is doing really well today. I can tell he feels better than he did yesterday. No little episodes today so far. He's been such a good patient. He's kept an awesome attitude, and I am convinced that it has helped with his recovery. Positive thinking! The nurse took his neck IV out and the heart monitor off last night. Dad is happy he can finally turn his neck to the right. He is hoping to have real food today...Pizza Hut. We are waiting for the nurse to come in so we can ask her if it's okay. Just got the ok from the nurse, so I'm gonna run and order lunch!

Have a great day!
Courtney

Tell him to get his rest the visitors can wait or come back later. It is very important to get enough sleep. We do not want him going backwards. I hope he gets released soon & can get home, where he will be more comfortable. God Bless

visitors and rest

visitors and rest

Randy agrees with you about the rest and visitors coming back later. It is only 6:20 and we are getting ready for bed - pretty exhausted today although still feeling good overall.

Thanks!

Very glad to hear everything is going good. The pictures bring back the memories. Especially #14. Anyone who has been through this should have at least one of those pictures. My wife took pictures of everything too, they are nice to look back on.

I remember that it was my 2nd-3rd & 4th days off the table that were my toughest. I kept a smile on my face, and Iwould never admit it, but for the most part I just wanted to be left alone.

I agree with the last post, keep the visitors to a minimum, at least for the next week or 10 days or so. Rest is king.

I hope everything continues to go very well for you both.

Rob

Courtney, to one daughter of an awesome dad from another daughter of an awesome dad, I loved your posts, reminded me of what we went through with my dad back in Jan. Your a wonderfult daughter, just like me! The pics are great!

Latest posts

Back