Prayers Needed Now for Mary's Charlie

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a quick word from Mary .... Charlie is better and should leave the hospital tomorrow .... That is all I know ... I'm sure we still need to keep him in our prayers ......

Positive vibes and prayers going up for Charlie and the family. Glad to hear things seem to be looking up.

Cheers,
Michelle

I echo some here hoping Charlie will be home by now

continued prayers along with this last report sounds good:):)

zipper2 (DEB)

Sounds like great news for all!

Colds, bronchitis, RSV, etc. are all pretty scary in babies that young. I understand how Brig feels. My daughter had RSV/Pneumonia at 2 1/2 months and was hospitalized for 4-5 days. I was a nervous wreck and questioning my parenting abilities. Glad to say she is 18 now and although colds still go directly to her lungs, she has been a very healthy kid.

Well, I'm back in Cape, and Charlie and his parents should make the return journey tomorrow afternoon. There are still no real answers; just various illnesses and conditions that were eliminated. Some test results are still out, but none that deal with his heart. They originally felt that he was in congestive heart failure, but once they determined the heart was not enlarged to the extent first shown on x-ray, he was released from ICU. He does have some mild aortic stenosis, but he sees the cardiologist again next month so I know they will keep tabs on that. (And if they don't, I will!:p)
I'm posting a picture of the ambulance that they sent down to transport Charlie to St. Louis Children's Hospital. A physician was on board along with two RNs. I was blown away by the size of the vehicle, but apparently they carry enough equipment to handle any emergency that might occur during transport. May God bless this ambulance of mercy.

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers that have been made in Charlie's behalf. Thank you again.
Much love,
Mary

Mary - More prayers your way. Good to hear they don't think it is the heart. You should hook up with the folks here
http://www.achaheart.org/
I have met a number of wonderful members that have been through so much 'since childhood'. They would be the best advocates to point you in the proper direction. There is a message board. I have been there as well as Cort and maybe a few others.

I am glad to hear that baby Charlie is feeling better and will soon be home...

I have never seen an ambulance the size of that one he got to ride in...such a big ambulance for such a little boy...

You should add that pic to his photo album Mary.

Mary, I'm so sorry I missed this, I've not been on for over a week, but much much sorrier that Charlie has had more problems. My first thoughts were it sounded like Chloe as a newborn as she had this a couple of times - once was cardiac related with some degree of heart failure and once was bronciallitis (sp?). Very pleased he's doing ok now though! May he continue that way!!
Love Emma
xxx

Mary, I was not on the computer all weekend and missed this. I am glad Charlie is doing better. I will send up my prayers now for all of you and especially for Charlie.

Wow that's quite an ambulance. But I imagine it's pretty scary seeing something pull up that says Mobile Intensive Care when you know your little grandson is going to be taking a ride it in. But thank God they have it!

Charlie and all have my prayers that this was just a flukie thing and it doesn't show up again.

They made it home today.:)
They recasted his legs and feet before he left the hospital, and he is truly tired and cranky. :( I know, because they brought him straight to my house, so I could hold and rock him all afternoon.:)

They made it home today.:)
They recasted his legs and feet before he left the hospital, and he is truly tired and cranky. :( I know, because they brought him straight to my house, so I could hold and rock him all afternoon.:)

So good to hear he's home. Sorry about him being tired and cranky but I know Grandma loves to rock him and hold his close.
Earline

I just have come in and found this. Mary, I know all of you are tired and stressed but having little Charlie home is the best news of all. He's really getting a rough start in life. My prayers for all of you.

Latest posts

Back