Prayers for the Southeast

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you get downed trees, wires, etc, just stay in the house til you get the all clear. Many accidents and fatalities are caused by being careless. Don't go there.

Wishing you dry.

Hi All

We've got rain and wind here on the eastern area. Apparently the west side of the storm, which is where all the rain is, is much further west than expected. There's about 22k people without power near virginia beach. We've flickered alot, but are still on. Going to make breakfast....if the power holds out.

They say the worst is expected to come around 2 p.m.

Ev

Hi All

We've got rain and wind here on the eastern area. Apparently the west side of the storm, which is where all the rain is, is much further west than expected. There's about 22k people without power near virginia beach. We've flickered alot, but are still on. Going to make breakfast....if the power holds out.

They say the worst is expected to come around 2 p.m.

Ev

We keep checking the Weather Channel to see how you all are faring.
We've got our fingers crossed that all will be well.

Well, I fell asleep last night and when I woke up this morning it was already winding down. We got about 4-5 inches of rain and no real damage to report at all. We have much to be thankful about. We needed the rain so badly.

I'm here on the Crystal Coast of N.C.,,within hearing distance of the ocean...all we had was too little rain and some wind. No more than what we call a good mullet blow. Once again our luck has held. It looks like the inland part of the state got lots of rain,wind and a tornado . I fear for the gulf now.What an awful time they have had.
Prayers and good thoughts for everyone in the path.

We've had rain and strong winds for about the past couple of hours out here on Fire Island, NY. So far the power has held. I would say that's it's not as severe as we expected at this point. In the morning I'll check for beach erosion and try to get a report on the flooding situation on Long Island proper.

Jim

We came through fine here in CT- lots of rain, minor wind and no damage or beach erosion- Whew! Unfortunately, it arrived between 10 PM and 12 AM so it was a late night for us- I hate it when they come at night and you really can't see what is happening outside, but thankful that this was mild.

Hi Hens et al.

Nope, nary a power loss here.....lots of flickers, though. Luckily we installed a whole house generator when we built this one, so we should be covered....it never cranked up, thank goodness. It's beautiful here today and at least we got the rain we so desperately needed. We were lucky, thank God. All I can think about now is Ike and those poor people on the gulf coast. My prayers go out to them.

Ev

Hi Hens et al.

Nope, nary a power loss here.....lots of flickers, though. Luckily we installed a whole house generator when we built this one, so we should be covered....it never cranked up, thank goodness. It's beautiful here today and at least we got the rain we so desperately needed. We were lucky, thank God. All I can think about now is Ike and those poor people on the gulf coast. My prayers go out to them.

Ev

Thanks, Ev. seems like we have been sittin on the fence for a very long time. It's beautiful outside, but we are checking the TV/weather often to 'see where it's headed next'. Cat 4 is really bad if it stays that high! Whatta way to spend summer days.

Latest posts

Back