Post-Surgery Echo Results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajc1991

I had heart surgery on January 15th of this year to replace my severely leaking Bicuspid Aortic Valve with a St. Jude Mechanical Valve. The surgery went very well with no complications, a textbook surgery. Two weeks ago I had this weird feeling in my chest, like a heaviness. I didn't know what it was, it wasn't shortness of breath. When I was driving, I had an episode of lightheaded ness, I almost needed to pull over. I started drinking more fluids since it reminded me of when I was dehydrated a couple years back, and the symptom went away. I had an echo done this past Tuesday and my cardiologist called me back a couple days later. He said everything looks great. So relieved.

Yes, we do become hyper-vigilant after heart surgery. You did the right thing in getting checked out -- now you know that if it happens again, look for more benign causes.

Congrats on the good check - up!

Indigestion, dehydration, there are many things that can cause such a feeling. Keep a record of the event (food, situation, stress, activity, H20 intake,etcc) and if they recur you will have some basis on which to determine the cause.

Latest posts

Back