Post-op Irritable Heart, Resting Heart Rate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty close to my resting BP (normal). Did you have aortic regurgitation prior to surgery?

pellicle;n859813 said:
this is some recent HR data from my Garmin

21077026655_36ac5959fe_b.jpg

My HR is now much better than even a year after surgery

That's great, is that while walking or what? Which Garmin device do you have? I just recently got one but I haven't yet been able to use it on my computer yet. I have to first upgrade my operating system.

Hi
almost_hectic;n859850 said:
That's great, is that while walking or what? Which Garmin device do you have? I just recently got one but I haven't yet been able to use it on my computer yet. I have to first upgrade my operating system.

While running, walking, cycling ... as long as you're wearing the HR monitor chest band.

I've got the vivofit, which is an older model. All you need is a PC (mac or Win7) or a smartphone with Android 5 or iOS and you're up and going.

I paid about $70 for my vivovit and about $25 for an Ant+ compatible chest strap.

Fitbit works well enough, but I prefer the garmin because (for a start) the batteries last a year without recharging and you've got 30 days to get around to syncing the data (which remains stored on the watch)

pellicle;n859852 said:
Hi

While running, walking, cycling ... as long as you're wearing the HR monitor chest band.

I've got the vivofit, which is an older model. All you need is a PC (mac or Win7) or a smartphone with Android 5 or iOS and you're up and going.

I paid about $70 for my vivovit and about $25 for an Ant+ compatible chest strap.

Fitbit works well enough, but I prefer the garmin because (for a start) the batteries last a year without recharging and you've got 30 days to get around to syncing the data (which remains stored on the watch)

I got the forerunner 210 with the heart monitor and it's got GPS too, if I ever get it synced with my Mac. Updating my OS will likely mean making some of my very expensive software worthless, so I've been on the fence

almost_hectic;n859849 said:
Yup, for years

I had aortic regurgitation too, so now I try to target my training to strengthen the heart walls, which means there is a pressure component to it (rather than dilating it further with long bouts of cardio). People with aortic stenosis may have the opposite issue, they might have hypertrophy and could use some blood volume training.

Hi. I'm glad to have found this post because the same thing is happening to me. I had AVR on 2/17/17, (medtronic open pivot valve) so I'm just over 2 months out. When I get up in the morning, my heart rate goes up between 120-150 just while I'm standing there to wash my face or brush my teeth. My heart beat is so strong now, that I often feel like my heart is pounding out of my chest. When I’m lying down in bed I hear my heart beating/clicking through the pillow. I can also feel my pulse in my brain! ugh. When I’m in a sitting position (driving, watching TV, at the computer, etc.) and I inhale deeply, it seems like I feel my heart literally banging against my upper chest/throat area.
Before surgery my heart rate was about 65- 70. My blood pressure was extremely low, like 80/55. ( I did not exercise much)Now HR about 100 or higher if not on meds. About the meds,...I hate them. Lopressor was dropping my blood pressure so low that I was about to pass out. Got switched to Atenolol, and now back to 12.5 mg Lopressor once a day. I tried stop them, but my heart rate spiked back up.
I start cardiac rehab this coming week. I am wondering if you had to stay on blood pressure meds/beta blackers for all of cardiac rehab. I'm hoping to get some strength and stamina back. Thanks, and hope you are well!

Sorry. I misread that. I see now that you were only on Warfarin. Hoping that the cardiac rehab will help in weaning off the meds.

Latest posts

Back