post-op echograms

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

It seems that quite a few people have mentioned getting echograms at the four or six months post-op. I had one several days after surgery. My cardiologist said that I would be having one at a year. I am wondering if I should push for one at an earlier date.

I would really like to hear from persons who had mitral valve repairs about what protocol their cardio follows.

Thanks in advance.

echo

echo

Its really a case by case thing. For the most part every six months is the norm the first yr. Then yearly after that.

Med

I had MVR. They did an echo at discharge, first month, sixth month and the eleventh month. I just had that eleventh month and it was good so my cardio scheduled me for another in nine months.

Hi Kathy,

I had MVrepair and my 1st echo was done about a month after my surgery.
I have my 1st year echo this week so will get to see how things are going now. I was also told to expect a yearly echo as lond as things are going well.

Most cardiologists do an echo shortly after surgery with followups at 6 and 12 months and yearly after that assuming everything looks good. I would feel more comofrtable getting a second one at 6 months post op.

'AL'

Thanks for the information. I am at the six month point and I will call and inquire. I had an appointment in November and am not due for an appointment until May.

Latest posts

Back