Please Prayfor my sister Florence Again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine

Hi Everyone,

I am requesting prayers for my sister Florence again. Anyone that knows me knows this isn't a scam like I read recently on this site. I would never do that kind of thing on a website that has helped me so much.

Florence is up here now near me in Geneva, IL instead of in Alabama. She is having bypass surgery on her legs tomorrow, Thursday, May 21 in Central Dupage Hospital. She has 85% blockage in one leg and 95% blockage is the other. This is a very risky operation for her the doctor said. I believe they are going to operate first on the leg with the least amount of blockage. I love my sister Florence so much. Her and Gladys are the sisters that took care of me the most when I was a toddler. My sister Florence's oldest son(deceased now) and I were only two years apart in age. I was an Aunt at two years old. I just want her to make it. All prayers would be deeply appreciated. I will post tomorrow night how it went. During the day if I can find a computer at the hospital to use. Thank you my vr.com family!

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your dear sister. I pray that her bypass surgery is a complete success! We'll be waiting for a follow-up post when you have a chance.

Take care!

(((hugs)))

(((hugs)))

Oh, how scary, Lorraine. Y'all will most definitely be in our prayers. Please keep us posted. J.

Hi Everyone,

I just got back from the hospital. The surgery went great! The surgeon figured it would take 3 hours but it only took 1 1/2 hours. They had trouble getting an IV in her before the surgery. It took 7 tries before they could get an IV in. My sister was crying thinking she wouldn't be able to have surgery, but they finally got it on. The surgeon (Dr. schneider) took one of the veins that he says our bodies don't need and bypassed the bad vein in the left leg, which was the worst leg with the sore on the foot that wouldn't heal. He won't do the other leg until he sees how this one does.

We got to see her when she went up to CICU about 1 1/2 half hours later. They are keeping her in the cardiac ICU over night as her blood pressure was sky high! Tomorrow she will be moved to a regular room. I was the first one who got to see her and she just started crying and hugging me. Then she asked where my sister Gerri was and her two daughters that were close by. She complained of the pain in her leg and the nurses gave her some pain medicine. Within 5 minutes she was knocked out and we figured we should let her rest.

I want to Thank everyone for all your prayers and best wishes for Florence and myself and family. We deeply appreciate it. I told my sister Florence that I had posted on my vr website and i had a lot of people praying for her. She said to Thank you very much too. I'll keep you posted as to how she is doing. Thank you again my vr.com family and friends.

Back