Please pray for Ellie.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,

Great to hear that Ellie is doing better. Sorry I missed the thread until now. Ellie will be in our prayers even though it sound like she is on the uphill side.

God Bless,

David

Chloe had it!

Chloe had it!

hi Dennis,
so sorry I didnt see this earlier so i could perhaps add some reassurance. Chloe had the RSv virus as a baby (well around 15 months old) and she was quite poorly with her heart troubles at the time too.
Although she was hospitalised for a few days and put on IVs - fluid and anti-biotics - she did recover very well and suffered no ill effects from the virus. She did look extremely poorly with it and caused docs to think she had something a lot more serious until tests confirmed the RSV virus but after a few days of anti-biotics she perked up. Took a while to get back to normal but once on the mend I at least felt that she was headed the right way and relaxed. And don't forget she was a 'heart baby' dealing with this too and still managed to ward it off ok.

Sending healing hugs to Ellie and love to you all dealing with it
Emma
xxx

Where has Dennis been, and what about Ellie?

Where has Dennis been, and what about Ellie?

Sorry to have dropped out of sight. I don't know if it is food poisoning or some aggressive flu, but I had my first food since Wednesday a few hours ago. Whatever it is, it was bad enough to keep me off the computer.

A hospital stay in Puerto Rico is a little different than what you might expect. Sheets are supplied, but no apparently no blankets, pillows, gowns, etc. Food is available for the patient, but not her mother. And three ceiling tiles fell down in the middle of the night.

I don’t want anything to detract from the kindness of the staff-which is truly remarkable. It does make me appreciate the wonderful conditions I experienced at my hospital in Minneapolis.

Ellie is working harder than ever to “explain” to mom that she wants out of there. Whenever she can she tries to get into her stroller, hoping Mom will just roll her right out the door. There was concern about pneumonia, but I believe that has passed. We are waiting for the doctor to stop by and see about getting home. I will try to let you know as soon as I hear something.

Dennis,

We were worried about things so happy to hear from you. I am sorry you were ill, certainly never any fun and certainly not when so much is going on.

Sounds like Ellie is doing well and I will pray she gets to go home. Recovery is never faster than when in your own bed WITH sheets and pillows - very interesting part of the hospital regime there. Maybe it might make sense somehow but it sure sounds inconvenient.

Now you try and stay well - please.

So sorry you have been "under the weather" Dennis- get well quick for your Christmas visit with the children. Hoping they spring Ellie soon.

I'm late to the thread, Dennis, but I hope Ellie is well on the road to recovery . . . you too.:)

Update:

Update:

Ellie didn't pass inspection for some reason, and they are in till MOnday for sure. Steph says Ellie has developed a real set of "dagger eyes" when the staff comes in the room. She used to get a kick out of the little monkey on the Drs. stethascope. Now she gives a look that says I am SO NOT BUYING the monkey thing. I am glad to hear she is "fighting back". I think thats a good sign. Thank you all so much for your comments and concerns. They mean a lot to me.

You can only fool a child for so long. I hope she gets parolled on Monday!

Dennis,

Glad you are feeling better ... sorry you were ill, of course.

And, it does sound like Ellie is getting better. I chuckled at those "dagger eyes" ... I can only imagine ;).

Thoughts/prayers continuing, of course.

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"What kind of love keeps breaking a heart?" ... Brooks & Dunn ... 'Long Goodbye'

Praise God!

Praise God!

After being assured on Saturday that they would need to stay in the hospital until Wednesday, I got a call from Steph just moments ago that they should be released today. This is especially good news since our son & daughter-in-law are in the air on their way to Puerto Rico for the grand Christmas visit. We will be leaving on Thursday. We can't wait, and are so grateful for Ellie's recovery. When I get to Steph's house in Puerto Rico I will have hi-speed access. Steph has some hospital pictures on her telephone, and I might be able to send some "before & after" pictures.

Unrelated, But just to keep things interesting-I have mentioned I was selected to fill a vacancy on our school board. To remain on the Board (which I want to do) I need to file as a candidate for the election in February. Our law (this seems so strange to me) only allows candidates to file on the 19th of December. Not 1 day before or after. We are advised to expect a snowfall of perhaps 24 inches on that date. Our road has steep, sharp curves with drop-offs of several hundred feet, and no barriers. Could be interesting-I will keep you advised.

I'm so thrilled for you all, Dennis. Hope you make it to register tomorrow- any chance of a "snow date" and hopefully it will not be while you are in Puerto Rico! Have a wonderful holiday with all your family and take lots of pictures.:D

Dennis,

Maybe it was a Grandpa "sympathy SICK" you suffered!!!!:eek: :p Glad to read the latest report. I'm sure you will enjoy your visit.

As for getting off the mountain tomorrow, what will be, will be. Wish you luck but be careful.

May God Bless,

Danny

So glad to read that Ellie is doing much better. I'm sure Mama is going to be more glad to get home than Ellie. Enjoy your family!

Ellie is home!

Ellie is home!

I had a chance to talk to Steph. Ellie watched as Steph started to load their belongings in Ellie's stroller. Ellie began to figure this out, and insisted on getting in the stroller. Steph said Ellie stayed in the stroller for the 1/2 hour it took to check out.

Ellie was all smiles when she got in her car seat. After she got home, Ellie hugged her beloved dog Toby, and started running around the house checking everything. She is now asleep in her own crib.

Sounds like Ellie was ready to "get the heck out of Dodge!". Nothing feels like your own crib. :)

YIIPPPEEE!!!!

Have a safe and happy Christmas. Hope the school board thing works out.

Dennis S said:
I had a chance to talk to Steph. Ellie watched as Steph started to load their belongings in Ellie's stroller. Ellie began to figure this out, and insisted on getting in the stroller. Steph said Ellie stayed in the stroller for the 1/2 hour it took to check out.

Ellie was all smiles when she got in her car seat. After she got home, Ellie hugged her beloved dog Toby, and started running around the house checking everything. She is now asleep in her own crib.
That a girl!
thumb.gif

Back