Plavix,anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol

Has anyone had experience with PLAVIX? I have been put on this because of a TIA. Side effect? I just got it but am Leary about it. Thank you all for being out there in cyber space. We need you.

My mom has been on Plavix for the last 8 years, since her heart surgery. She has had no problems with it..she is more prone to bruising easily but so far so good:) Best wishes to you!

Doesn't your pharmacy include an information sheet with your presecriptions?
Our pharmacy includes a sheet that tells name of medication (brand name and generic), usual reasons it is prescribed, possible side effects. Whether to take the med with or without food. All pertinent info about that drug.

I always read those sheets when we get a new Rx. If your pharmacy provides such a sheet, it likely would cover many of your questions.

Yes it was with it but want a more personal view from people who have used it. Do not always trust manufacter.I have had side effects from other meds.Thank you.

Definitely there is hope! Both my mom and I have had bad reactions to some meds.....adenosine-the med they use in some nuclear stress tests almost killed her....Plavix has been walk in the park for her:)

Thank you for the reply. My hair fell out like crazy with hydroclorithiazide.All the statins kill my legs...tried 3.

My Dad has been on Plavix for a few years since a stroke. He is fine with it, and has even needed a couple of small surgeries with only the need to stop taking it for a few days.

Latest posts

Back