Plastic Surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terodac

Has anyone had a small procedure done like a eye lift? after AVR surgery. Are any type surgery at all, I think we are considered high risk. Just wondering!

I broke my wrist 12 weeks ago, and had to have surgery to re-set it and put pins in. Not a walk in the park, but it is already over, done with and almost forgotten.

The worst part was they worry - ha, we all know how that one goes :) - about INR management before/after the surgery, but it all went like clockwork. The worst thing that happened was the nurse gave me a 10mg pill instead of my usual 9.5mg the evening after my surgery - oh, horrors; I did the right thing and swallowed it without kicking up any kind of fuss! Oh, yeah, and the doc order IV antibiotics, so I was kept overnight, but I got the "luxury" suite in the hospital, the bathroom in my room was bigger than the one at home - come to think of it, my room there was bigger than my own bedroom at home, and I have to share that, too.

I broke my wrist 12 weeks ago, and had to have surgery to re-set it and put pins in. Not a walk in the park, but it is already over, done with and almost forgotten.

The worst part was they worry - ha, we all know how that one goes :) - about INR management before/after the surgery, but it all went like clockwork. The worst thing that happened was the nurse gave me a 10mg pill instead of my usual 9.5mg the evening after my surgery - oh, horrors; I did the right thing and swallowed it without kicking up any kind of fuss! Oh, yeah, and the doc order IV antibiotics, so I was kept overnight, but I got the "luxury" suite in the hospital, the bathroom in my room was bigger than the one at home - come to think of it, my room there was bigger than my own bedroom at home, and I have to share that, too.

I got the same done 4 years ago and for three days aftewards I was in a Vicodin induced coma. Certainly no walk in the park when there are other things to worry about!

Latest posts

Back