P2A cycle race

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doberman

Hi all, for the 2nd year I rode the Paris Ancaster 60 km. cross country cycling race. The race is for cross and mountain bikes. Although I rode much quicker than last year I placed about the same. Cramps near the end slowed me down but I hope to train harder and do better next spring. I ride in the 50-60 year old category and noticed that several 60-70 year olds beat me handily. I finished in 3 hrs 11 min. and at least a dozen of the old guys beat my time by 20-30 minutes!!!! wow, the idea that perhaps I could improve over the next several years has me inspired.
best wishes.
J

JohnD,
That's great in my opinion, moving at 18 kph (or 12 mph) is nothing to be ashamed of, especially on a cross or mountain bike. HAng in there and keep us informed of your progress.
Best,
John

Race

Race

Congrats on finishing the race and a successful event!

Having a dozen or so guys finish ahead of you in your age catagory is probably not a bad thing. If finishing closer to the top of your age catagory is important to you, set some goals and get on a training program that will give you the result that you want.

I don't race, but when I do an event ride it's pretty obvious who has trained smarter than me. Some of those 70+ year olds, who pass me like I'm sitting still, train better than me.

-Philip

Latest posts

Back