Over the top, on descent

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhc1

Surgery completed Monday, out of ICU yesterday. My hospital had converted to a new records system and could not sort out transfer orders-go figure. Will post more on return home. Feeling surprisingly well. Waiting for that first shower!

My congratulations to you as well. I am incredibly impressed that you could post from the hospital! Take care of yourself and keep feeling better. -- Suzanne

Glad to hear you have reached the other side and all is well. You will enjoy the first shower, I remember scrubbing my hair with my arms above shoulders just a little to long, had a little chest pain to follow. We learn fast not to over do things. Take care, good luck with your journey in recovery.

jhc1, welcome to the other side! I had my first shower the day after surgery. Feels wonderful. 21 days post op and I walked a mile and a 1/2 today for over an hour and 15 minutes. You are well on your way my friend. Do what they say and you will be good as new sooner rather than later!

4 days post-op now! Pain, while never bad, managed with the most expensive Tylenol in the known universe. Pacing wires pulled this morning-that was freaky. Cardiologist stopped by and dropped the bomb that I may go home tomorrow! While everyone here at St Luke's has been awesome, I cant wait to be home.

4 days post-op now! Pain, while never bad, managed with the most expensive Tylenol in the known universe. Pacing wires pulled this morning-that was freaky. Cardiologist stopped by and dropped the bomb that I may go home tomorrow! While everyone here at St Luke's has been awesome, I cant wait to be home.

After 4 nights (so far) in my own bed, I can truly say that home is as good as you are hoping it will be. Like you, Tylenol is controlling my pain. All my best. -- Suzanne

So, today is Father's Day-I got the greatest gift possible. I was discharged from St Luke's in Houston yesterday, and woke up at home, in my own bed (albeit soaked from night sweats), and had breakfast with my wife and two daughters. The constant phlegm, "operation" game appearance, and all the rest-none of that matters today! I'm here, and that's what counts. Happy fathers day to all the other dads enjoying today at home.

I've been home 3 days and had surgery 12 days ago. Not sleeping great yet but my wife made me a mountain of pillows on top of a wedge pillow which helps a lot. I'm lengthening my walks by a house or so in our spread out neighborhood each day. Still a bit winded with stairs but not much pain and I'm going to borrow a stationary bike from a friend so I'll be able to spin soon.

Good luck and just keep making progress!

MtBiker, I'm in the same position as you basically. I had surgery on 6/5 and came home on 6/14. No way can I sleep through the night. Tylenol breaks my low grade fevers and that is about it. It take hydrocodone to allow me to cough deeply from my lungs. I have been walking and still using the spirometer. My question is, how much walking should I be doing st this point and how many times per day. Good luck to you on a speedy recovery!

Jh1, I know it's no consolation to you, but I have been having roughly 25+ nights sweats per 24 hour period. I would sure like to know what is causing them.

So, today is Father's Day-I got the greatest gift possible. I was discharged from St Luke's in Houston yesterday, and woke up at home, in my own bed (albeit soaked from night sweats), and had breakfast with my wife and two daughters. The constant phlegm, "operation" game appearance, and all the rest-none of that matters today! I'm here, and that's what counts. Happy fathers day to all the other dads enjoying today at home.

Awesome Father's Day gift!!!!!

I've now been home a week and a half after a ten day icu stay. I overdid it a couple of days ago (walked two miles) so I rested yesterday and feel a bit better today. Also haven't been sleeping well. I tried lorazepam but that didn't do it so I used triazolam last night. That did it and I felt more rested this morning. Still two weeks of little or no sleep to catch up on but I'm making progress.

I borrowed a friend's stationary bike and that's good for ten to fifteen minutes here and there. It's slow going but I'm seeing some progress.

I had my surgery the 12th, and got home on the 17th. Can't imagine even thinking about hopping on a stationary bike for another couple of weeks. We live on a hill, so when I do go for a walk outside I get right into it. Sleep was a problem until lastnight, but will consider trying the triazolam.

bit of a scare yesterday-I was working in our home office, bent over changing printer ink...stood up to go back to the desk...next thing I know, I'm staring up at the ceiling, with my wife on the phone with 911...I got up, and asked why she was calling 911-I was fine. Cancelled the ambulance and called my cardio. He recommended I go to the ER and get checked out as I gave my noggin a bit of a bump. 7 hours later, after EKG, CT of the head, blood work, chest X-ray and CT of the chest, I was sent home. Turns out it was just standing up too fast!

bit of a scare yesterday-I was working in our home office, bent over changing printer ink...stood up to go back to the desk...next thing I know, I'm staring up at the ceiling, with my wife on the phone with 911...I got up, and asked why she was calling 911-I was fine. Cancelled the ambulance and called my cardio. He recommended I go to the ER and get checked out as I gave my noggin a bit of a bump. 7 hours later, after EKG, CT of the head, blood work, chest X-ray and CT of the chest, I was sent home. Turns out it was just standing up too fast!

Are you sure that the wife didn't club you? You can never be too sure. I have caught my wife trying to cover my face/nose when snoring. :p

Latest posts

Back