Over the mountain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bunkenmeyer

Well, I'm home resting comfortably now. As the quick post last week indicated, they were able to do a valvesparing procedure successfully, so I left the hospital with 10 cm of new artificial aorta and my very own custom tailored aortic valve. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by how relatively little pain I experienced while in the hospital. It did take a couple of days to figure out the right amount of activity at home - I exhausted myself very quickly the first day. Now, I make more of a conscious decision about what I do myself and what I allow others to do for me. I did go for a walk outside yesterday (about 10 minutes) which was wonderful. So, now I'll be home for about 8 weeks resting up.

Thanks for everyone's support and if anyone that is having surgery soon has ANY questions, please post and I'd be happy to share my experience.

That's great news and it's great to have you back with us!

It's amazing what you find that you can and can't do those first few days at home, isn't it? :)

It's good to see you back. You did very well, and sound great. Pace your activities, but your body will do that for you anyway. The old bod doesn't give you much choice. You MUST do what it tells you, or it will get even. LOL:p

Take care,

Hey Bunk - nice to see you popping in again. Your body will let you know what you can/can't do and you gotta do is listen. Great recuperation, sounds like. Keep on goin. God bless

Walk in the house

Walk in the house

Due to the cold where you live, I'd just walk in the house..from room to room several times a day..Then maybe later..have someone to drive you to WalMart, ect. for a little more walking...You will find that as the weeks pass..you will feel better. Bonnie

Hey Bunkenmeyer

Glad your doing well. As everyone here knows from experience and says "breath, walk and nap".

You'll do fine. Listen to your body.

Hi Bunkenmeyer!
It's great to hear that you are doing well since your surgery. I can't add anything more to what everyone else has already said and you haven't already heard. My best wishes for an uneventful recovery. It will take some time, but you will do just fine. Let us know how you are doing as your recovery progresses.

Take Care!
Gail

Latest posts

Back