Out of the waiting room

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Agian;n866197 said:
I'm due for my post-op echo tomorrow. Should I be anxious?

no and never ... being anxious changes nothing, brings nothin in a postive way and only ever succeeds in giving you negative feelings for the time in between you finding out all was well anyway

What are they looking for?

confirmation that its bedded in nicely and that there isn't vents of blood jetting out around where it should be stitched down and sealed

Be like Hillary Clinton ...

Very uncommonly

But they gotta look right.

Seriously, stop worrying, it'll take more years off your life than drinking

Home tomorrow.

Just saw the cardiodouche. For a guy who commenced me on Warfarin, he has no effen idea. I asked him what INR I should aim for and he looked at me blankly, muttering to himself 'I think they say 2 to 3.' It's always the delivery that counts.

If I didn't have you guys I'd be completely ignorant. This might sound like a really dumb question, but between 2-3 sounds right, doesn't it?

Hopefully, I get to see the surgeon before I leave.

Btw On-X aortic position.

Welcome to the other side. Glad it sounds like all went well. Enjoy the down time, before you know it you'll be fully recovered.

Thanks Don. I'm home now.

I'm now waiting for people to comment about the clicking, so I can confuse the crap out of them:
'Go loud, or go home (muthafukka)' Wouldn't that be funny?

Agian;n866333 said:
INR 1.4 tonight. I'm taking 3mg warfarin.

Cardiogit suggested 2 tonight, tomorrow, 1mg Sunday. Check INR Monday.

What were you taking before?
That advice seems to not be directing you towards 2 .5

I'd take 3 mg and again on Sunday, maybe 2 mg on Sunday, test again

I got up to an INR of 3.7 on 5mg. Then they stopped to take out the pacing lead. Went home today. They gave me 1 mg last night.

INR this morning was 1.6. Checked it at home this evening and it was 1.4.

I did indeed take 3mg

Back