Other sites.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Steve for the honesty. I do feel however that sometimes people put their own procedure as the only fit all solution for every problem. I was curious about other boards. Still searching.

ejc61, I have only come on this board since March 2013. I have only found positive comments. I am so sorry if you have not been treated the same. I think it is pretty cool that you got to have your mitral valve repair robotically. Wish my AVR could be done the same. I find all type of "heart talk" very interesting. It educates me better about myself and my own heart. Hoping you only find thoughtful comments on this board in the future.:eek: - Kim

Interesting! For me this site has been more like 'openheartsurgery.org' than simply vr.org. Whatever we have done in there is not as relevant as the fact that we're all trying to get our heads around what is a BIG operation on a part of our bodies that we're quite attached to, and then recover from it and go on to live better lives with our new or repaired parts.

Anyone who finds this site and needs support certainly gets mine and from I've that seen that's what everyone else on here does too - long may it continue!

I'm actually looking for one that maybe has a more consistent crowd of younger people, mainly for the lifestyle changes that a lot of us have to change, and I guess I'm just looking for somewhere I can go where maybe someone in their mid to late twenties had the same or similar surgery and completely turned what they could and

I just hope there isn't a crowd of people who are young and go through this.

I'm nearly 50 now but I was 10 when I had my first and 28 when I had my second.

I guess I no longer count in that regard as i am not mid 20s anymore and that my experiences as a 28 YO are past their use by date.

When I first started with having to look forward to my second OPH, I was on the medical message boards on dial-up AOL, I would talk to people who heart conditions and give advice of going to the cardio if they had symptoms that sounded like it is needed medical intravention. Then, one day, one of my friends on the medical board told me about valvereplacement.com. I came and been here off and on ever since. I love this place for the experience and medical advice that helped. Some medical board are okay, the reliable ones are not visited as much as I would like. This place is king and queen for friends and great advice. If they do not know something, there are resouces mentioned. You are all great. Hugs to everyone today. :)

Latest posts

Back