Osteoathritis and Warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CThrock

Hi Everyone,
I need a little help on answering a question and I know I'm in the right place.
Last week my GP Dr. said I had Osteoathritis in my knees.
I have been taking Calcium for quite sometime now. So decided to try taking some Glucosamine with Chondroitin and MSN. So went to the health food store and bought some liquid 2T a day(wanted liquid because did'nt want to take more BIG pills). I've been on it for 4 days know and I noticed today my heart rate has been acting weird by hard beats and skipping. Which I have had before but usually goes away. Do you think this new liquid can have any affect on my HR?
Or do you think I need to call the dr to find out if it was ok to try this med?Do any of you take this kind of vitamin for your joints and on warfarin?
Any information would help ease my mind and joints.:confused:
Thanks,
Crystal

Crystal,

I can share what I only know about those pills...they have sodium...my BIL's BP went up after a few months and that's when the GP mentioned about the sodium in them to my sister...he stopped them and his BP is normal again. I myself, everytime I took them, I felt pain in joints which went away after stopping them! But that is me!

Did you check the ingredients? any stimulants? check your BP often.

Good luck and keep us posted.:)

Thanks Eva,
Yes I did check it out further last night. It does have sulfate in it which in small print says, people taking warfarin could have an affect with this product. So I'm going to take it back and get something else that does'nt have sulfate in it. My HR seems to be ok now and I'm having my INR checked tomorrow.(don't have my own machine yet)Thanks for replying Eva next time I just need to do more research before I buying.:)

Back