one year after

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ar bee

dear co-valvers

today a year ago i was wheeled out of the theatre with a brand new st judes aortic valve clicking and ticking in me.

Want to share some observations with all of you:

* luckily been a text-book case all the way through, left ventricle size back to normal after 3 month

* went back to work after 6.5 weeks, that was probably a bit too early, should have given it another 10 days rest

* the tube in the throat: yes it is a nuisance, but bear in mind: this is about a multi-month process (surgery, recovery, rehab, etc) so the 15 minutes of tube nuisance do NOT matter at all in the light of the bigger picture!!

* trying to go to the gym regularly (business trips getting into the way..) in order to keep the pump in shape

* started travelling overseas after four month (to Vietnam)

* the warfarin: it took me about three month to get it under control, now stable between 2.2 and 2.5. Artificial sweetener seems to have caused the initial problems

* i drink some red wine (less than half bottle per week), i eat little green vegi

* since march 15 I'm the proud (and stressed out) father of the sweetest of all baby girls (all fathers say that I guess)

* the clicking/ticking: yes it is there and sometimes loud, but much to my surprise it does NOT disturb me. It has become part of me

* only issue i had was period of app 3 month, during which there were skipped heart beats. Disappeared the same way it appeared. Came again during post-natal sleep deprivation while carrying around a crying baby :(

* tks to my wife for greatest support

* tks to my surgeon grandmaster Shankar in Singapore for doing a good job

* tks to all the knowledgeable posters here

* tks to Raverlaw for getting me into rowing

all the best to all of you
ar bee

Congratulations on your first year anniversary- sounds like you are doing great and enjoying life- keep up the good work and keep on ticking!

Ar Bee

I second Dick's comment. Yep ... congrats to you on your anniversary:cool: .

And also thanks for your observations. THOSE really do come in handy for those that follow you.

I am celebrating my ONE WEEK anniversary. One week ago this very minute I was wheeled up to CCU to wake up 14 hours later. Going for a 3/4 mile walk in about one hour.

Congratulations on your

Congratulations on your

one-year anniversary! You sound great and have grown so wise. :) Haven't we all here on Vr.com?

Here's to many, many more healthy, happy years.

Christina L

Congratulations on your one-year. Here's wishing you many, many, many more.

Latest posts

Back