One week away!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbecker

Well next week this time I should be in recovery. Don't feel bad now,
hate to think what I will feel like then. A week ago I got a sore throat,
and then it turned to congestion. This Monday I went in and got on an
antibiotic. I am feeling better and hopefully will be all better in another
3-4 days. Sure hate to do all this preparation and then have my date
changed. I have been flat out all week finishing grading papers and
getting grades turned in. Our son and daughter-in-law come tomorrow
evening, so that will help the time pass this weekend. Just thought I
would update and say thanks for your support. I will write again on
Sunday before we leave for LA. My heart cath is Monday, they will
then admit me for testing on Tues. then surgery Wed. It will be a full
week. Trying to not focus to much on what is coming, otherwise might
find myself really scared and stressed out. Laura

Best Wishes Laura!! Hope that the kids can distract you a bit while you wait out that LONG week before surgery. Hoping to hear good news from you soon.

Good luck Laura. I'm sure having company will most certainly keep you mind off of things and also pass they time.. that week leading up to surgery seems to go so slow sometimes.

Good luck Laura and hopefully the kids will help the weekend go faster for you. Enjoy this time with your family and let them take care of you when you get home!!! We look forward to an update from your family that you are out of surgery and doing well!

Laura,

Will be thinking of you next week - hope the weekend goes by nicely and that you are able to get some R&R with your family.

I'll be sure to post more good wishes on your pre-surgery thread :)

Take care!
Melissa

Prayers that the weekend passes quickly and that you are feeling better. I had to postpone once due to bronchitis.....the weekend before my surgery (Memorial Day) I started to "fill up" with mucus. I was terrified that I would have yet another delay.....but it cleared and I was the second surgery on Tuesday! I know how long the weekend can be. Post when you are ready to leave for LA.

Well next week this time I should be in recovery. Don't feel bad now,hate to think what I will feel like then.... Trying to not focus to much on what is coming, otherwise mightfind myself really scared and stressed out. Laura

Wishing you the best.. don't forget that every day closer to your surgery is one day closer to your full recovery. The sooner it happens the sooner you'll be better!

I had a mild sore throat for almost a week pre-surgery. I was frantic I'd have to cancel but luckily it cleared up and I was fine. Hope you stay well and can proceed as planned.
Enjoy having your kids with you.

Back