One phone call, the reality!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck and for what it's worth I think you did the right thing.

My son's grandfather died suddenly when he was in the navy. We contacted the red cross and it was the ship commander that told him. It was the middle of the night but he allowed our son to call home and allowed him leave. He was out of basic by that time however and the ship was in port. They were very understanding and caring.

Earline

I'm so glad that you made that decision and I hope the phone call goes well. I'm sure it will and he will be reassured to talk to his Dad and both of you will feel his love and support.

closure on this.........

closure on this.........

Last night our son called he was on the phone for about 20 minutes. I gave him a brief rundown and really downplayed the situation a little. Then his father talked to him and they discussed mostly him and what has been going on with him. The commander told him what was going on before he called so when he called he was scared. I told him not to be scared that it is more common procedure then what he thought. I know when they both hung up the phone they felt better. I saw a huge relief in my husband, almost like a weight was lifted. Now hopefully he can start focussing on himself...........2 week countdown will begin soon.

thanks for all your support, I really dont know if i could have gone through all the red tape without words of wisdom from you guys!!!

I can feel the relief in your post. It was the right thing to do, and everyone who should know, knows now.

Now on to surgery and past it to a great recovery!

We as patients, worry about our families probably as much as you worry about us. I bet it was a huge relief.

Just started reading and posting here. Hubby had his surgery this past Monday the 14th.

I think it's good to tell close friends and family you will need their love and support to get through this and be strong for your husband.

Best of Luck
Pati

Latest posts

Back