One for the New Yorkers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Myself and four or five female relatives are planning a trip to New York in November for Shopping and too enjoy some of the sights

Can anyone suggest an area of New York which would be a good place to stay?

We have found many hotels but we are not sure what would be a good location for us

Thanks

Jan ( Liverpool England )

the city is a great place to go. staying there can be expensive. you can try to find some hotels on long island in Nassau County like the Garden City Hotel. There is also a Marriott near LaGuardia airport. You can take the train into the city from Nassau County and the subways from Queens and Brooklyn.

good luck'
rich

Hi Jan

If you're planning to stay in the city and shop, do the theater, lunches, etc., then I would suggest the Marriot Marquis in Midtown. A bit pricey, but nicely located for walking the city....Marriot probably has a website with locations all over. Check it out and see where you get. I would tell you to look at hotels midtown---theaters are there and you can walk all over...ie times square, broadway, etc. not that far from 5th ave, madison, etc.

Have a great time....NYC is wonderful in Nov....hopefully you'll get to see Radio City Christmas Spectacular....I think they start some time before Thanksgiving.

Ev

New York and Jan

New York and Jan

Jan,
Evelyn's advice is great! Be in midtown so you won't waste precious time riding those trains back and forth to the boonies!

A good hotel website is www.180096hotel.com or www.hotels.com. That is, if you can't find a rate you like on the hotel's own website.

Try the Helmsley Windsor for a good location and the price is right.

Have a good trip and what would richie rick know? He only lives there...:D

Last edited:
New York

New York

Rich, Evelyn, ShezaGirlie

Thank you all for the information on where to stay in New York

I will start and check prices and availability

then we can make a decision,

I am really looking forward to visiting New York in fact only today I got myself a Guide book and it looks so interesting

Keep smiling

Jan ( Liverpool )

We stayed in a hotel right in the midst of downtown and as the others say, you can walk to most things. There are tour buses closeby, too. Close to all theaters and all kinds of shops. Get a high room so you can look down and see all the stuff goin on day and night. Have a wonderful time.

Latest posts

Back