On-X Valve ID Card

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almost_hectic

My surgery was in early August. I was given a paper ID card for my OnX valve and was told that Life Technologies would be sending me an official credit card type ID card. Been waiting and wondering how long it's gonna take? How long did it take to receive your official card?

I would suggest contacting Life Technologies and asking them. You may have to register with them. I got a paper card from the hospital which had serial number etc of my valve, which was Edwards Lifesciences - I went on to their website and registered myself and valve and was then sent a proper card. Might be the same with Life Technologies.

Robomom;n860414 said:
Wasnt offered one...I figured it was in my med records but an id card would be cool..

Never assume that your medical records will always exist. ID cards where not issued when I had the surgery and it didn't really matter for about 40 years....then I needed an MRI which was refused by a diagnostic center because I did not have an ID card that said MRIs where safe with my valve. It was very difficult for me to get an ID card after all that time, but I was able to get an old hospital record that showed I did get a "#9 Starr-Edwards" valve in 1967. After some help from my surgeon, Edwards Lifesciences did produce an ID card for me......altho the model number(UNK-StarrEW) and serial number(UNK-178) seems to suggest they are really not sure of what I have....I think the UNK stands for "UNKnown) altho, since only one valve was on the market, I am pretty sure there is enough info on file with Edwards in the event I need valve info in the future.

Latest posts

Back