On-X valve durability for us sportive types

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sensei Ade

:)

All,
Me again. I've been liaising directly with On-X to find out just how durable On-X valves actually are, even for us sporty types who work the heart harder. This is the reassuring and helpful response I got:

The carbon will last just as long if you are active. The wear life is 100-200 years. If you can wear out the carbon, We will give you a new one for free :)

All kidding aside, carbon wear is not an issue in all the mechanical valves currently on the market. All the technology comes from our founder, Jack Bokros.

and...

One more thing to know is that none of the valves currently on the market that are made of pyrolytic carbon that Dr. Bokros developed have had primary failure due to carbon wear. Some of these valves have been implanted for more than 30 years.

all the best

Adrian

Anyone on here got a pyrolytic carbon valve which is 30 years old? Impressive as they have only been going for just over 30 years. Having said that I know Dick mentioned on a previous post that there are people (including himself) who still have ball and cage valves over 40 years ago!

Latest posts

Back