ON-X Mitrial valve decision

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delcar

My surgeon will implant a on-x valve if I really want. But he says he does not like the large diameter of it. I think hes talking about the flange. I know Dr. Laks at the same hospital does a lot of on-x valves. My question is should I let my surgeon that I'm comfortable with, implant the on-x. Or talk to Dr Laks. Thanks for your input in advance. Dave

Never hurts to get a second opinion. Many heart surgeons get comfortable using particular valves and might be a little uncomfortable switching to an unfamiliar valve. It is also a very important decision for you, since you will live with the valve for a very long time.

You mean Dr. Lacks from UCLA? He is very familiar with On-X that's for sure. I was going to try and go with Dr. Lacks but I didn't have the time to wait. I went with Dr. Raney in Newport Beach @ Hoag Hospital, he was highly recommended by many. Surgeon vs valve is a hard choice. sometimes

Thanks for the reply Dick. Julian Glad to hear your doing well. Yes I did mean Dr. Lacks. Did you meet with him? Thank you for the reply also.

Unfortunately I didn't meet him but I dealt with this staff, very professional. I was trying to get the process started with Dr. Lacks but because I didn't have time to change my insurance to his group I had to go with another surgeon. I've read a lot about Lacks before and he is good, I know he worked on Rodney Dangerfield. LOL!

Thanks for the reply Dick. Julian Glad to hear your doing well. Yes I did mean Dr. Lacks. Did you meet with him? Thank you for the reply also.

Actually you were right it IS Laks. Do you know if the surgeon you like is talking about not liking the larger opening for the patient or when he is putting it in? It couldn't hurt to talk to other surgeons, if you have any concerns. This is something you don't want to go into having any doubts going into it or asking what if? after the surgery.

I don't know for sure what he was talking about. I asked if he implanted the On-x Valve through a message. His nurse returned my call, and gave me that info. Guess I need to talk to him directly, to get some good answers. I just don't want to offend him in any way.

My surgeon will implant a on-x valve if I really want. But he says he does not like the large diameter of it. I think hes talking about the flange. I know Dr. Laks at the same hospital does a lot of on-x valves. My question is should I let my surgeon that I'm comfortable with, implant the on-x. Or talk to Dr Laks. Thanks for your input in advance. Dave

It seems to me that you are not as comfortable with your surgeion as you think. I say that because you posted this quesion. To me that I enough reason to keep looking.

Stay well,
Scott

Latest posts

Back