Okay...Scared

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn shame about how most of the medical people feel about warfarin.
I think the big reason, they have never taken it.

The big reason is, they've never been properly educated on how to manage it. It's a dark shadow to them. If they were all on the same page and everyone were properly managed and maintained an in range INR, I bet you'd see a drastic change in the problems and a whole new mindset of these doctors.

Every bad incident I've heard of involved inadequate management, either way too high or way too low INR. I have't seen much about anything bad happening with in range INR's.

This is B.S.
Since when is a Dental Procedure NOT a Medical Procedure?

Since a DDS is a doctor of dental surgery while an MD is a doctor of medicine, of course anything that is dental is not a medical procedure. :rolleyes: <hope you can hear my sarcasm>

Why don't either doctors understand that ACT means your blood takes a bit longer to clot, not that it never will? Am I making this too simple?

Since a DDS is a doctor of dental surgery while an MD is a doctor of medicine, of course anything that is dental is not a medical procedure. :rolleyes: <hope you can hear my sarcasm>

Why don't either doctors understand that ACT means your blood takes a bit longer to clot, not that it never will? Am I making this too simple?

That has always cracked me up. A normal persons blood begins to clot in 10 to 12 seconds. Anticoagulated people that are in range, begins to clot in 19 to 33 seconds. Not a whole lot of difference, just takes a little more time.

Latest posts

Back