OK, That's ENOUGH!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Went to get the paper this morning and the car thermometer read minus 11. I've had it with this winter. The cold is seeping into every crack in the windows and doors. We still have 36 inches of snow on the ground. It's too cold to melt it. I'm moving in with Bonnie or Hensylee.

The critters are trying to get inside. We live around lots and lots of trees and last night a little field mouse chomped its way through one of the window frames. He made a tiny, tiny hole and scooted inside. We could hear him chomping at it. Unfortunately for him, we have 3 very good mousers, and they had him cornered within a few minutes. He's in mousey heaven.

Have to plug the hole up today, or we'll have everything moving in.

Our winter has been, well, more normal. I was just listening to the Cleveland News and the weather man said that this may well be a record snowfall winter for this area 101+ inches. We haven't seen anything close to this since 1996.

I share the feeling of getting out of here. The problem with that is, I think the darn snow would follow us just to make us mad! ;)

Hey Nancy, It ain't over yet. Tonite will probably be the coldest yet.BRRRRR! I" tired of feeling like I live inside a giant freezer.
That poor mouse was just trying to get in out of the cold. Can't say that I wouldn't do the same. But little did he know that he was entering a den of CATS. Like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

COME ON SUMMER!

Hi Nancy,

Burrrrr,,,, I was up in Maine snowmobiling over the weekend, and came back to sunny 61 degree Nashville on Tuesday, Just before that real cold snap hit up in those parts... It was only a low of -4 with a high of 27 while I was up there, but today it is reading -11 and a high of 10

Hope all the rain we are getting here in Nashville over the next 3 days doesn't travel up the coast and turn into a real Northeaster for ya.

Rob

Nancy you should both pack up and move south! You will love it. We miss it. My husband especially for his golf game.

Chicago is home. But we can't stand the weather. Maybe if the sun would shine once in while could deal with it.

Expecting 6 inches of the white stuff today. Our dauther loves it! Looks like we will be sledding this weekend.

Though, if the opportunity presents itself again, we will move to a warmer climate.

I'm right around the Philly area...

I'm right around the Philly area...

A bit warmer and less snow, but the coldest, snowiest, winter we've had in a long time, and this weekends going to be a "doubleheader".

I've had spring fever since November, and the coumadin has made me yearn for moving down south.

Terry40

Everything's relative!

Everything's relative!

Here in MN we've had -0 weather for so long, that yesterday It felt quite warm at +20 or so! The sun was shining brightly, there was no wind at all, and it felt wonderful! I thought about taking my jacket off, but decided that was probably a stupid thing to do.
Today it is +19 but it's cloudy and feels colder.

Sounds like you guys have gotten a lot more snow this year than we have here in Minnesnowta. We have some snow on the ground but it all fell at once a couple of weeks ago, up until then, we really didn't have any to speak of, in fact we barely had a white Christmas even.

Can't wait to go to Phoenix in March! Maybe I can thaw out for a few days anyway.

The Southerner and the Texan (my little sister and her husband) have really had a wake up winter, moving to Rochester area about Thanksgiving - think it began to snow when they got there and still snowing. They tell me it's record breaking for the history of their particular area. They, too, want to go home to Dallas. Or Miami - or Sarasota - or Atlanta - or Mobile - or N'awleens............

We, too, in the south have had record breaking winter and can see daylight, so it's comin, y'all. Be nice if it made for a nice cool summer - won't, tho.

This from my friend in Pt Charlotte, Fl:

trying to get through traffic is impossible. The snow birds are the heaviest I have ever seen. Everyone is complaining about traffic, lack of products in the stores, because they sell out so fast, slow service because the volume is so high. It is amazing.

Sounds like this year everybody has the same idea as Nancy and Ross. Keeps Florida going. Come on down. Sure is warm down there - beautiful area. They have cowboys, ranches and oranges.

UGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! MY COUSIN LEFT FOR FLORIDA TODAY TO SEE HIS MOM AND DAD ON THEIR BOAT, MY BEST GIRLFRIEND IS HEADIN ON SOUTH ON TUESDAY TO LOOK FOR A CONDO, ONE OF THE GIRLS I WORK WITH IN JAIL IS LEAVING SUNDAY MORNING FOR TWO WEEKS IN FLA------AND WE'RE STUCK HERE IN THE COLD, SNOW!!!!!! YOU KNOW THINGS ARE BAD WHEN I BUY A LESLIE SANSONE TAPE FOR EXERCISE BECAUSE WE CAN'T GET OUTSIDE AND WALK!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!

STILL, IT'S NOT AS BAD AS NANCY OR MAMSRAM.....IT WAS ONLY 6 HERE THIS MORNING.

EVELYN

We had to make a quick trip to Illinois for my Grandmother's funeral on Friday and Saturday. It was so sad to leave the Michigan sun behind, but so wonderful to see the sun again when we returned.

We received the full benefit of blowing Illinois snow on Friday night, but it warmed up so much on Saturday morning, into the 20s, that it was a real pleasure scraping four inches of snow off the car.

Michigan is much colder -- the forecase for this morning was 3.

Hi Everyone!
Well, as I am sitting here typing this, it is snowing outside. It has been snowing, sleeting and back to snowing since Friday night here in VA. Right now we have about 8 inches or so, but when all is said and done, we could have 12 to 18 inches or possibly 24. We are to get our heaviest snow fall tonight. I wasn't able to get into work tonight. My family went to the beach in Maryland for the holiday weekend, and they are stuck there until Tuesday or Wednesday. I have to admit, it is quite beautiful but I am definately ready for spring time. Hope everyone is keeping warm.

Take Care!
Gail

sorry nancy but it is only going to get worse. the big storm is coming tonite. we are expecting anywhere from 12-18 inches on long island so you guys will probably get something like 4 to 5 feet.

rich;)

Thanks a bunch Rich-

I'll let you have all the pleasure. I just looked at the satellite image. It looks like it will just graze us. A couple of inches are predicted for us over a few days. After Tuesday, it's supposed to go over freezing, so a melt is on the way..

Ha HA ! It is SUNNY an about 50 degrees out here in the lovely state of washington! I LOVE EL NINO! It makes for a beautiful winder, and a great summer! I grew up in Rochester, MN, so I feel your guys' paint hough. I remember sking in -40 with -80 windchills! not fun! Too much snow and cold for me, I will stay in WA! You guys can come out here and enjoy us for a few days if you really want!

Well, we just got in from plowing/shoveling for the third time today. Tyce's philosophy is to plow every few hours, so the buildup isn't that great......WELL, when you get about 24 inches in less than 24 hours, THE BUILDUP IS GREAT ALL THE TIME!!! We have no more room to pile snow....the blowing and drifting on the east end of LI is horrendous. It has now started sleeting, to boot. The tractor has been stuck twice, so that had to be shoveled out, too....in plain english, IT SUCKS! I don't think my fifth-wheel will move till June!!!

Evelyn

Little sister called from Webster, NY last night - says snow is so dry they can't even make snowballs out of it and snow is nearly above their mailbox (mailbox is 4' off the ground). Lived in Baltimore for 5 yrs and there was a BIG blizzard in 1966 - nine mos later many babies were born, including my son. Hubby and children had to trek a mile or so in the snow to get milk and bread. The entire city shut down. Glad we moved as the same thing is going on now. Bless your hearts, all. I am so sorry.:mad:

Hi Ann

It is truly just terrible here. It's still snowing, but we're both exhausted from plowing and shoveling all day. We are definitely going to look at Virginia to move....I can deal with ice storms, but this is a killer. We're both going to bed. Ev

Just finished snowblowing. Had my snorkel coat on, snorkeled down to about 2 inches, just enough to see a little bit. My shadow is so funny with that coat on. It looks like a periscope with steam coming out of it (my breath). But it's the warmest thing. Made for the Artic. We've got about 8 inches so far, not too bad yet. It is dry because it's so cold, but that's wonderful for the snowblowers. When it's wet and heavy, it's a real chore to plow. Plus when it's wet and heavy, the street plows pile up the stuff at the end of your driveway and it turns to instant ice. Glad we have a 4 X 4.

Latest posts

Back