*official* 04/04/09 = MidWest Spring StartUp Event

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

**** GATHERING ****

Join members of the Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) and valvereplacement.com. This was originally scheduled as the MidWest Blast, Saturday, January 17, 2009 ... but weather and people unable to attend forced a postponement. And, with the new event date, we are inviting others to join us. So ... mark your calendar ... NOW!

**** DATE & TIME ****

SATURDAY, APRIL 4, 2009 ... 1p-?

RAIN, SNOW or SHINE

**** LOCATION ****

LEGOLAND Discovery Centre
The Streets of Woodfield
next to Woodfield Mall
Schaumburg IL
http://www.legolanddiscoverycentre.com/chicago/us
http://www.legolanddiscoverycentre.com/Chicago/us/information/howtofindus

We plan to eat dinner at:
Big Bowl
1950 East Higgins
Schaumburg IL 60173
http://www.bigbowl.com/

Both of these are...
...N of IL RT 72
...S of IL RT 58
...E of IL RT 59
...W of I-290/IL RT 53

**** LEGOLAND COST ****

Regular Gate Price = $19 per person ... this is _NOT_ our price

_GROUP GATE RATE = __$6__ per person ... THIS IS OUR PRICE_

Special Note: Since I have pre-paid the $30 reservation fee, the first 4 ACHA or VR members I see will get in free!

**** DONATION ****

For the ACHA:
www.achaheart.org

IF you wish to participate, by paying, for example, $10 TOTAL, you would donate $4 to the ACHA.

**** ATTENDEES ****

ALL are invited to this event. Please invite YOUR family and friends!

Will YOU join us? If so, please advise ... by posting here, Emailing me (faithcubsmc2691 @ aol.com), or calling me (my ___CELL PH#___ is in my signature below).

___847___Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...W Grill meal = 02/28/09
___337___WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
___9897__"A heart that's hopeful" ... Michael W Smith ... 'Place In This World'

Gosh, battin' a thousand here Cort.

Looks like I will not have a free weekend until May, then it's specific. I think there is one open! Between work and family commitments, time is very scarce.

These are all great plans and I know you will enjoy! LoRain and I are shooting for a lunch or dinner mid week soon. Will let you know what we come up with.

Hey Cort,

As it looks right now, I'll probably be able to make it. Carol maybe too. It would be 4 days before her birthday. I'll ask her.

The only thing that would stop me is if Old Man Winter rears it's head with a early spring storm. :eek: I don't go far from home during snow storms. We've had our share of snow this year! :( Who else will be there? You'll have to join Gina and myself when we get together, sometime soon.

Hey Gina,

Sorry you won't be able to make it :(.

Lorraine,

Glad you will be able to make it ... and Carol, too! That'd be cool! Baseball season is just around the corner ;).

**** UPDATE! ****

This is NEXT MONTH!

Will YOU join us for this GREAT opportunity to meet'n'greet people and SAVE on the price of admission to LEGOLAND?? Our PRICE ($6 per person) is ~1/3 of the REGULAR price!

Hello All!

Hello All!

Hello All!

Haven't been on here in a long time...thought I would stop by and say 'hi'. So there is a reunion on the 4th of April? Depending on my schedule, I may be able to make it, my schedule has been so uncertain lately, so its hard to tell...will let you all know when time gets closer...so what is legoland? Don't think I have ever been in that store the times I have been to Woodfield.

Hope everyone I know from here is doing okay...health wise I have been doing great. Everything is stable, just continue to go for my Coumadin blood tests every month and to see my cardio every six months. It's hard to believe that my pediatric cardio hasn't retired yet. She is getting older and mentioned that she might have to go on a leave from practice. She already has another cardiologist working with her to I am guessing replace her when she retires.
He is supposed to be one of the best cardiologists, he is an adult cardiologist but I guess he is also seeing Congenital Heart patients too. Maybe you have heard of him Dr.Ziyad M Hijazi. Eventually I will be seeing him when my pediatric cardio retires. So that is what has been going on with me...

Take care everyone,

Danielle

Hey Danielle,

Glad things are going well for you. I posted links to the LEGOLAND website in the original post in this thread. It isn't a store ;). Sure hope you can make it ... I included you in the list ;).

**** ATTENDEES ****

To my knowledge, the following people are planning to join us....

ACHA (5)
Carol + 2
Suellen + 1

VR (4)
Lorraine
Carol
Gina
Danielle

OTHER GROUPS (5)
Amy + 1
Anthony + 2

Will you join us, too, for any part of the day? If so, please advise me ASAP....

Hi Everyone,

Hope to see everyone at Legoland in a couple of hours whi signed up to go. Let's have some fun!

Cort,

I want to Thank you for organizing such a fun afternoon! That was great! The buildings made of Legos along the Lake in Chicago was fantastic! Hey how about that the movie we watched with the 4D glasses! That was AWESOME! Too bad we didn't get to go on that ride since it got so packed! You know we would have loved it! How about that Lego jungle! Too cool! You'll have to post some pictures. Those that missed out, oh well! They missed a great afternoon! Carol said to tell you she enjoyed herself and glad she was able to make it. Now we have to figure out a day were all free to go see the Cubs! Thanks again Cort! I'm glad we were able to get together as always. It was grat fun!

So sorry I missed out! Was working! All work and no play:( Someone has to do it!

Sent you a message on FB Cort and Lorraine.
Talk soon....:)

Did I hear Cubs? Go Cubs go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Cort,

I want to Thank you for organizing such a fun afternoon!

*nods*

You are welcome ... thank YOU for coming! It was great to see you and Carol again! :)

I'll start a new thread in a bit ... with PICS!

As for the Cubs game ... hopefully soon ;).

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Baseball season is underway" ... Steve Goodman ... 'GO CUBS GO'

Latest posts

Back