Observation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Within the last week or two while looking in the mirror before a shower I have noticed that my veins on my left side are so much more pronounced and noticeable than on my right. What is really strange I have never noticed this before. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this after having their surgery. My left arm and shoulder is a lot darker than my right from having darker pigmentation on my skin on that side and I have never been able to see my veins on that side like I can now.

Left Handed??? nurses I work with comment that veins on the dominant hand side are much easier to get an IV in....never made an observation as far as when I draw ABGs, but wouldnt be surprised if a persons arteries do the same thing on their dominant hand....(oops, ABG=arterial blood gas...blood from a persons artery)

Normally have darker pigment on the left shoulder and arm? Do a lot of driving, or have a window to your left at work? It lightens up by late winter from being covered up, and may make the veins seem more visible, as your skin is end-of-winter pale.

Best wishes,

Last edited:
Trinity. I am right handed but my left arm has always been easier to draw blood from.

Bob:

My pigmentation is more of a birth mark and is there all year long. Although it does get a bit lighter in the winter but it doesn't drastically change. I have had it all my life and it can not be contributed to the sun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back