now this is odd.....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ar bee

went to see my regular cardio today (whom i actually regard as quite diligent and good), diagnosis unchanged, however all of sudden he said AVR is not that urgent anymore, come back in 2 month we do another echo and a radionucleide stress test and then we see...

so much about consistency...
luckily i have a read bit on the issue otherwise i would be decently confused after this

any comments???

regards + well2all
ar bee

What the heck? Nobody gave you any indication for the change?
That is bizarre, I have never heard of anything like that. Maybe some of the others have experienced this.
I think I would be a bit confused at this point.
Take Care,
Lori

It does'nt seem all that scientific when they decide when to intervene. They have objective data from the echo, tee and muga, but then they are constantly asking about your feeling and then there are various clinical approaches. Although my cardio and surgeon said YES to surgery, I also wasn't 100% sure I was doing the right thing.
I can understand your frustration and stress being stuck in the middle of it.

seems

seems

par for the coarse! But what par is it?

Med

THE EFFECTUAL FERVENT PRAYERS OF THE RIGHTEOUS MAN AVAILETH MUCH................... Remember that when you are questioning why? Only God knows. This is proof that doctors don't have all of the answers. They work for God. The only explaination for it is SOMEBODY PRAYED FOR YOU. There is POWER IN PRAYER.

Don't know how I'd comment, given the fact there isn't anything to go on. :confused:

I guess I want to know WHY he thinks it isn't that urgent anymore. Is there new information? Was the original urgency incorrect?

You imply you're not confused - care to clue us in? :D

Hi ar bee,
you really have my curiosity up... what did you mean by your statement
luckily i have a read bit on the issue otherwise i would be decently confused after this

was there a new test done since the prior assesment that he based this waiting recommendation on?

Have you asked for copies of echo tests etc. so you can reference when you have future tests?

I got told I would need a valve replacement last year, made the neccessary arrangements, but when I went in for some pre-op tests they told me it wasn't as bad as they thought - come back again in 6 months for a check up. I did that a few weeks ago and now I've been told the valve is functioning "OK" and I'm probably suffering symptoms as a result of anxiety/depression (..apparently from worrying about my heart!!..).

I sure can understand how confused you must be feeling!! :confused:

I went back to my GP and have arranged to get a second opinion from another cardiologist and also to check out the severity of secondary pulmonary hypertension, which was dx'd as mild back in Feb '02. I'll be having this checked out 8th April.

I don't know if you're feeling symptomatic or not, but if you're unsure about this change of opinion, don't be afraid to seek another.

All the best - let us know how things go.

Anna : )

tks for all your comments

tks for all your comments

i reckon the doc was somewhat impressed when i showed him copies of all the research papers i read on the issue.
how this could change his mind i dont know and imagine how confused my wife was when he made that statement...

well2all

Latest posts

Back