Now on this side of the deal.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_MiG-19

Hi all I wanted to get on and say something yesterday but for some reason, I forgot...

Made it home @ 1:00 pm ish.

Everything going so well so far. The surgery was better than routine my doc said- my valve was in better shape and could have lasted another 10 years or so but I'm glad he replaced it with the aneurysm. Root was saved- he said my heart looked great and I was getting good numbers on all levels- especially O2. Now I have a St Jude Regent valve with the sleeve- not a conduit though. I am amazed by the speed at which this has happened Monday @11:30am I'm in surgery- 5 days later I'm sitting in my chair.

I didn't sleep much in Hosp- every time I would fall asleep SOMEONE would wake me up. When I left CICU I didn't sleep in the bed. I spent all of the time in a recliner. The night before the last one there I got three hrs sleep and the night before discharge five whole hours- interrupted but I would fall asleep while the person was doing whatever... Oh well that's it in a nutshell. The worst was waking up in CICU with the tube down my throat and feeling like I was choking to death- best part was walking out and getting my sis's car!!

Thanks to you ALL for your education and support- Going into this thing properly armed with facts and experiences knowing what to expect was such a HUGE part of my hard work- If you are pre- Op please read the threads that pique your curiosity and keep going from there. The dumbest question is the one not asked. I told everyone I could about this forum.

congatulations ... now, stick the schedule, no lifting, take it easy at first with a gradual inclination into working. Walk every day and climb stairs if they are handy

may you get at least 2 billion more clicks
(80bpm x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365.25 x 30{years} = 1,262,304,000 beats)

It's good to read you're doing so well and seem in good spirits. By replacing that fairly good valve now, you've saved yourself from another cycle of decline and worry. Best wishes for continuing smooth recovery!

Latest posts

Back