Not sure it is worth it.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a ride

What a ride

A highly visible, active member of my community died today as the result of injuries associated with an automobile accident last week. Ms. Harvey was 92 when she passed. She had dealt with a lot of major personal and serious health issues during her lifetime.

She had a reputation for never backing away from challenging circumstances. I've no doubt she could've given up on numerous occassions as she dealt with life. I'm glad she stuck with it because my community was a much richer place with her in it. While heaven will be a better place now that she's there, I will miss her and her contribution to my community.

Her last words were, "What a ride!"

Never give up...you never know where the ride will take you next. Life is an adventure and it's worth the effort despite the obstacles you face...never, never, never quit.

-Philip

Think positive!!

Think positive!!

Hi Georgi. I know exactly how you feel as I`m going through some similar emotions myself at the moment. I thought needing a fourth heart surgery was bad until I found out a few weeks ago I have lung cancer that`s already affected my limph nodes. I`m starting chemo treatment a week from today and hopefully they`ll get this thing under control and only then, will the cardiology team perform my 4th MVR. I never thought I`d ever look forward to it, but I am now. So, hang in there and remember that half of the battle is up to us and the way we think as we need to keep our immune system strong in order to come through such complex health issues. Keep us posted and take care.
Debora

WOW! You guys are too much:D Who else in this world could understand how I feel? I am grateful to be apart of this web site. After reading your responses I can see that many of you are dealing with issues that are more difficult than mine. Who said that life would be easy? I really try and not complain much to my family. My daughters really don't know how I feel. I guess I talk to my husband more than anyone. When you have several health issues, one just does not want to be the constant "downer" in a group. So usually I just keep it all to myself. It is good to come here and really express feelings. Thanks to all of you:)

Georgie... I really can't add anything more to what anyone has said, but remember one thing. We are there for you. We have walked in your shoes and know what you are feeling. Don't give up!

Georgi:
I am so sorry to hear about the problems you have been having, compounded by difficulty in getting doctors' appointments. Medical support is so important.

Have you ever thought about contacting The Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale Arizona, or the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix? This wonderful facility is dedicated to patients and we have always been able to get appointments within a few days of calling. The Mayo Clinic Hospital in Arizona is one of the top places for heart patients in the US.

I know you would be in very good hands at the Mayo. My husband is currently being treated for a non-heart related problem. A few years back, I had robotic surgery there...also for a non-heart related problem. I recommend them whole heartedly and without reservation.

Kind regards,
Blanche

Well, just to let you all know, I went ahead and went to the Mayo Clinic. I felt that it was necessary, even tho I feel so guilty because it is out of network with my insurance. I have gotton to the point that it is an effort sometimes to make a sandwich. I have had some test run and I am in store for several more. They took about 8 viles of blood and seem to be setting me up for checking my body from head to toe. Up until this point, I have been falling through the cracks of the health care system. Why can't all health care work as well as Mayo?? I have more test this week and then hopfully will have answers. I have a great husband that is with me all of the way, even if we lose the house LOL. I pray for all of you that have had to deal with not only feeling really bad, but not being able to get into see a good doctor in a timely matter, not having insurance that will put you in the hospital and find the root of the problem and not getting the necessary test in a timly matter as well. I will let you know what Mayo says. If I need heart surgery, I will check out and see who the best are in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area.
Blessings to all.

I notice Georgi had parathyroid surgery. There is an association with thyroid disease, low Vitamin D, and low ferritin levels. When one or both are low, the symptoms are horrendous - bone pain, tremendous fatigue, depression, poor sleep.

I am sure that from those vials of blood taken at Mayo they would look for this, but just in case, do get copies of your reports when they come back and make sure.

If you do a web search on low vitamin D and low ferritin, you will be surprised at what you find! These cause very real physiological problems and resolving them will make a world of difference. When physicians look at the blood, they will check hemoglobin, but that may be normal - if they don't check the ferritin, they miss this very real problem!

There are helpful articles about this on the following web site.

http://www.goodhormonehealth.com/

Best wishes,
Arlyss

Latest posts

Back