Not heart related...............BUT

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much here that I can't echo so far, but my heart's been acting funny with my digestive issues as of late. Seems like I'm not the only one. Also had a colonoscopy Monday and colon is clean as a whistle (literally and figuratively)--but still having potty troubles. Wish I were regular! :eek:

A little update

A little update

about my 'fun' tests.
Well I had a colonoscopy. gastroscopy, CT scan of the abdomen and pelvic area, upper GI and small bowel series. Also had blood tests for other possiblilties.
The good news is nothing was found anywhere. That certainly was a big relief.
The bad news is now what? Doctor says there is nothing else to be done even though I still feel lousy 24/7.
Then I did a little further research regarding Nexium. Very interesting.
The list of potential long term side effects wouldn't fit on this page.:eek:
Then I also found a forum about Nexium. It is not an interactive forum like ours, but simply asks patients to comment on their experience using Nexium.
Many, many claim severe bloating and a lot of gas. That really got my attention.
So I am stopping the Nexium at least for a while and see what happens. I will have to go for blood draws weekly due to the severe impact Nexium has on my INR.
In addition I am taking a probiotic called Align.He says this adds good bacteria we may lose over time as we age. I also learned that Nexium kills bad bacteria, but kills the good bacteria as well.
So I will wait and see.
Thanks again for all your input,
Rich
PS:I wish I had Bob H's talent for writing, I could make a book about this mess.

Another possible culprit could be fructose malabsorption. I'd been able to digest anything, all my life, until recently--a problem just what you describe. My smart GP put me on an informal elimination diet. Dairy, originally suspected, was not the problem, but fructose is. It's apparently not uncommon. You can google a list of especially offending foods, most fruits obviously. Even white sugar is half fructose. Just a thought... When I follow the diet, no gas. When I don't... :eek:

Rich when I began having problems with lipitor, I told my cardio's nurse practitioner I had stopped. He said sometimes it helps to take a medicine vacation. If you get better, you can just quit the stuff altogether. Sorry you are feeling so bad every day. It's awful to feel bad all the time. Hope you get some relief and answers soon.

Nancy,
While I was going thru some of the tests he was on a fancy vacation. Maybe that's a clue for me, hope he enjoys that new toy.:(

Francie,
Thank you for that info. I did look into it but I really don't eat or drink much of that stuff. But who knows?

Ann,
I'm hanging in there, time will tell. I agree with your doctor though.
We sure need some of these meds, but sometimes I think our bodies are saying 'get that stuff out of me, it doesn't belong here'.
I hope you are having some luck with changing your medications.

Rich

Latest posts

Back