Not good news about my husband....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Praline,

I am so sorry to hear that your husband's cancer has progressed and the trial you both suffer at this time. I am sending you big VR.hugs because I've been in your shoes and lost my first husband.
Hospice services are great. I lost a dear elderly friend just recently and she was on Hospice care for only 4 days. I was her Med POA and asked them to give her Morphine because her pain was unbearable. They did and she went to sleep and never woke up again.
Her Memorial will be tomorrow.
May we ask for God's will to be done.

Sending you peace and hope.

Praline, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Hugs & prayers are coming your way. I'm sorry I haven't answered sooner but we've been spending time with a dear uncle that just passed away on Wednesday. His wife had died last year. He died of congestive heart failure. I know that heaven has opened it's arms to another angel. I'm so thankful that you can be with him during this time, it's so important!

I clicked to reply, but then just sat here as I realized I just don't know what to say. I'm so sorry & will continue to keep you in my prayers..

Praline,

Words seem so inadequate at a time like this but please accept my warmest wishes at this most difficult time. I am so glad that you have been able to take a leave from work so you can devote all your time and energy to your husband and very happy to know that your sister is there to help you and hopefully comfort you.
Prayers and Hugs to you and your husband.

I have asked God to comfort you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I know that you are hurting. We are going thru about the same thing with my father-in-law. He is 73 yrs old. He is in severe heart failure and is getting bad daily. The only thing they can do with him, Due to DNR ORDERS, is to keep him comfortable and I pray that God will ease his pain. We are enjoying what time we have left with him. But, I will continue to pray for your family.

Praline

Praline

Prayers still coming your way.....Glad to know you have family with you...Hospice was great with my late M/i/law..Even, tho, she was on morphine..my daughter sat with her..and talked to her about all the wonderful memories they enjoyed together.Daughter told me she was sure she could hear her talking.(daughter)..even opening her eyes and looking at her.....She passed a few hours later in her sleep.....Peaceful.......Bonnie

Andrew'sMom said:
I clicked to reply, but then just sat here as I realized I just don't know what to say.

*nods*

I know the feeling.....

Praline ... please know thoughts/prayers are coming to you and your family.....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"How do we explain something that took us by surprise?" ... Richard Marx ... 'Hold Onto The Nights'

Praline -

I don't know what to say either. This is always a brooding time of year for me anyway, since my dad died on the first day of spring, six years ago. He died peacefully at home after a brief struggle with esophageal cancer. Geebee mentioned cherishing these precious moments and it appears that you are. I'm glad your employer let you take time off and I'm glad your family is there with you too. Hospice really knows what they're doing and it's good that you have them there also. Keep praying. The Hearer of Prayer gives comfort.

Thinking of you

Thinking of you

Praline,

Please know that I am thinking of you and your family. So many of us have been through a similar situation. It's sure good to hear you have your family there with you. That's as important as anything.... at least it was to me.

Prayers coming your way....

Prayers coming your way....

Praline,
I'm so sad to read your recents posts, but glad to see that hospice is involved and you're getting some help. In our area, Hospice is the expert in pain control, so they should be a great help to your husband in keeping his pain manageable, in addition to maintaining quality of life. I'm also glad to see that hospice is involved now--I've seen several posts from folks saying they only had hospice for a matter of days. They also have support programs for caregivers, to give you a safety net.

You and your husband will be in my prayers. Cherish this time together, and love on him as much as you can. But take care of yourself, too.

Latest posts

Back