Not doing surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teapot, have you considered a TEE (rather than an MRI) to check your echo? That’s always what I’ve had when results need to be verified.

I haven't, nor has it been suggested by my Cardiologist, not sure why. I'll bring it up at my next appointment and see what he says.

Right there with you. Surgeon said he could see light through my aorta when excised and reviewed. If I hadn't had some weird palpitations (plus talked to a friend whom was having benign palpitations and went to Dr) I would not have investigated the cause. I am thankful every day. Glad to hear you made it.

@newarrior, seriously, don't dink around. You will recover well. Your fatalistic thoughts, someday, may end up being something to laugh about. Don't you want to be there to find out?

And good luck, you have total strangers invested in your outcomes.
I don't want to pay for the surgery or have the surgery..I'm happy to die from valve failure..

Morning
Well, it sounds like you've finally made a decision! Enjoy the time you have left over there. Beautiful country.
I used to share a house (when I was a student) with a guy (and 3 others) who was always moaning about suicide. Whenever he wasn't getting his way in life he'd wander out after naturally passing through the lounge room) announcing he was going to kill himself.

We found that saying "right o mate. Joe which records do you want?"

He'd come back about 1am or so (we were usually still up) and whinge that he couldn't do it knowing we'd be playing his LP's and disrespecting them. Some swearing and accusations were flung at us too.

It was a cycle, to my knowledge he's not yet dead and its been 30 years. I don't have to listen to that anymore, but some of my housemates have connections that report David is still with us.

I don't want to pay for the surgery or have the surgery..I'm happy to die from valve failure..
Well cost should not be a consideration, since you won't need the savings if you are dead. Dying from valve failure may not be pretty. It can be long and debilitating. Just have the surgery, you may get lucky and die on the table :)

Interesting thread, and a bit sobering. To each their own. I wonder if you would make the same decision if you didn't suffer depression ? Probably not. I didn't read through the entire thread, but there is hope in God if you put your faith in him!

I've suffered from depression for decades I've got major depressive disorder that's treatment resistant I've done everything other than ect. I'm terrified to go into surgery with my low self-esteem anxiety and severe depression plus I'm paying cash for the whole thing which is scary. I'm not trolling. I've been in therapy for 35 years I've been on various medications I've tried everything under the sun for depression.

I've suffered from depression for decades I've got major depressive disorder that's treatment resistant I've done everything other than ect.
My sister is a nurse. While out shopping she witnessed a small boy get hit by a car. She tried to save him, but he died in her arms. It was too much for her to deal with and she went into deep depression. At one point she did ECT (Electroconvulsive therapy). I really don't know if it helped her, but it screwed up her memory. Apparently, this is a common side effect. Her memory never recovered.

I am sorry to hear about your sister, Chuck. I don’t know how medical personnel handle it. Not only losing patients but even saving them sometimes. There’s nothing normal to our primitive brains about doing surgery or aggressive resuscitation.

I am sorry to hear about your sister, Chuck. I don’t know how medical personnel handle it. Not only losing patients but even saving them sometimes. There’s nothing normal to our primitive brains about doing surgery or aggressive resuscitation.
Thank you Dornole.
She's doing prety well now. She is still able to do a fine job as a nurse. But, every now and then the memory issue bubbles up. I had a conversation with her son recently, who expressed that it was difficult for him, because basically his mom no longer has any memory of him growing up.

• Wow
Reactions: V__
Well cost should not be a consideration, since you won't need the savings if you are dead. Dying from valve failure may not be pretty. It can be long and debilitating. Just have the surgery, you may get lucky and die on the table :)
I hope you dont joke like this often, a lot of people come to this forum for support to overcome the surgery

Back