Not doing surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
You seemed to like helping out there .
Mate, you probably don't understand ... he's not in America any more ...
1665211249533.png

Unicusp

What happened to your follow-up appt and TEE consultation? You seemed like you were progressing forward, then you fall back into a loop of thought with no progress toward addressing the issue.
How does one get fired from a volunteer job??
You're in beautiful Bangkok with a healthy portfolio. Spend some $ and find enjoyment.

carolinemc

What happened to your follow-up appt and TEE consultation? You seemed like you were progressing forward, then you fall back into a loop of thought with no progress toward addressing the issue.
How does one get fired from a volunteer job??
You're in beautiful Bangkok with a healthy portfolio. Spend some $ and find enjoyment.
He might be just a lurker and making things up. He has been back and forth on the subject of surgery and paying for surgery and bashing America since he has been in here.

vitdoc

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
If I wanted to off myself I wouldn’t want to die with heart failure. Miserable prolonged agony. Severe shortness of breath water retention with swollen legs inability to lie flat. Not a great way to go. Better to fix the valve and recalibrate.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
Better to fix the valve and recalibrate.
or from the most insane illogical position of madness: better to die in surgery having been put carefully to sleep with no discomfort.

The reality is however that the neurotic person will avoid the step beyond "lights out" because that indicates they accept the need to actually engage with life.

Understanding the mind and what causes us to do and think what we do is complex, but humans have been at it for a while now, and made some good progress (as in the above discourse on Jung and Nietzche) we have a lot of symbolism which has emerged in the process of trying to understand ourselves and our thoughts. For example the Serpent:
Historically, serpents and snakes represent fertility or a creative life force. As snakes shed their skin through sloughing, they are symbols of rebirth, transformation, immortality, and healing. The ouroboros is a symbol of eternity and continual renewal of life.

1665259495329.png

Last edited:

Mister_James

We know we will all die. One day. It is an inevitability. There is no way around it. There is never a good reason to embrace the unembraceable.
Some people think death is a gate way to something else. What if it is not?
You live life for yourself and others.
It does not matter whether you have family or not, you can help someone else, you can lift someone else.
If and when you believe you have given the best of yourself and there is nothing more to give, you can close the door on this life but fill out that donor card so your last act is still to lift someone else.
My two cents...

carolinemc

We know we will all die. One day. It is an inevitability. There is no way around it. There is never a good reason to embrace the unembraceable.
Some people think death is a gate way to something else. What if it is not?
You live life for yourself and others.
It does not matter whether you have family or not, you can help someone else, you can lift someone else.
If and when you believe you have given the best of yourself and there is nothing more to give, you can close the door on this life but fill out that donor card so your last act is still to lift someone else.
My two cents...
I can't since I am Type 2 diabetic, organs no good for anyone since that diagnosis.