Nose Bleeds

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie

Eureka Springs , Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains
Hi,

Some of you may have seen on the pre-surgery thread that I am to receive AVR surgery next Wednesday the 20th.

However I wanted to inquire about frequent nose bleeds? Is this a symptom?

They seem to coincide with my diagnosis a month ago. They are also getting worse and more frequent daily, sometimes 5 or 6 a day.

Hi Charlie, have you talked with your surgeon about the nose bleeds? I see on your profile that you're taking an aspirin every day. Is this something that was suggested by one of your doctors? If so, maybe you should let them know. This could create issues for your upcoming surgery and they really need to be aware of it.

They seem to coincide with my diagnosis a month ago. They are also getting worse and more frequent daily, sometimes 5 or 6 a day.

I have a history of nose bleeds, both before and after heart surgery. Mine seem to be aggravated by dry weather and usually worse in the winter. I also get them occasionally as a result of summer allergies and blowing a constantly stopped up nose. The small veins in my nose lie close to the surface and rupture easily. I would question that they are symptons of your heart problem, but if you are getting 5 or 6 a day, I would give that info to your docs.

Latest posts

Back