Nobody dies anymore...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO the topic is both humourous and bordering on distasteful in that it displays gallows humour and black comedy. Surely it is a human strength to find some lightness and amusement in the end of life.

I'm reminded of deceased Python Graham Chapman's televised memorial service. It ended with all the guests joining in a hearty and rousing rendition of the Python song Always look on the bright side of life. In this altered version they in fact sang Always look on the bright side of death. A fitting farewell I thought.

Terminology of death, well in these Northern industrial parts of the UK the dead person has often 'popped their clogs'.

IMHO the topic is both humourous and bordering on distasteful in that it displays gallows humour and black comedy. Surely it is a human strength to find some lightness and amusement in the end of life.

Bonzo,

I note that it was one of your countrymen, the great Alfred Hicthcock, who was a master at gallows humor and black comedy.

In 1955 he made "The Trouble With Harry." From IMDB:

"The trouble with Harry is that he's dead, and everyone seems to have a different idea of what needs to be done with his body..."

Cheerio,

Jim

Bonzo,

I note that it was one of your countrymen, the great Alfred Hicthcock, who was a master at gallows humor and black comedy.

In 1955 he made "The Trouble With Harry." From IMDB:

"The trouble with Harry is that he's dead, and everyone seems to have a different idea of what needs to be done with his body..."

Cheerio,

Jim

I re-watch it every chance I get......

Latest posts

Back