No Pacemaker for Now

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine

Hi Everyone,

I didn't realize it has been well over a month since I last posted. :redface2: I meant to get back on here sooner. I saw my EP April 15 for a followup for my Atrial Flutter Ablation. He was very pleased with the procedure. He did stop the Atrial Flutter. He said he wanted me to wear the Ziopatch for two weeks so he could see how my heart was doing. I only ended up wearing it a week because it was coming unglued. To me it wasn't applied in the correct position. My EP called me a week later with the results. He said my resting heart rate, which had been in the low 40's all the time, was averaging about 58bpm. He said there were some runs of PVC's but that was normal after having the ablation. He also said I did have an occasional skipped beat. I told him sometimes I do have short runs of palpitations but they are not strong and only last 5-10 seconds. He told me he could put me on meds if it bothered me but the meds would lower my heart rate and then he would advise me getting a pacemaker. So for right now, we are just letting my heart heal from the ablation. He says the short palpitations I'm feeling may go away with time too. Of course if they get worse I should call him immmediaely. I will go back and see him in 6 months and I will wear another Ziopatch. So for now no pacemaker! Yea! Again I want to Thank everyone who gave me inputs. It was deeply appreciated. Thanks to Gina for posting for me. I knew whe that first Electrophysiologist talked to me in the hospital that day, that I would want to do research and get a second opinion. He wanted me to have the procedure done the next day. Yeah sure! Thanks again everyone.

Way to go, Little Sister!

I'm so glad that you not only got that second opinion, but that it has turned out so well. Pacemakers are no big deal, but if you don't really need one, you're better off without it.

Now just keep on behaving. . . (yeah, right. . . )

Glad it has turned out well for you, Lorraine!

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"A smile can hide all the pain" __ Glen Campbell __ 'Rhinestone Cowboy'

I tried to reply a few days ago but the site froze up when I scrolled back up to look at what Steve wrote. I got discouraged and decided to wait to reply another day. I went on today and the same thing happen. I decided to type in word and then copy and paste it to the forum.

Steve, I learned from this site it is better to get a second opinion, unless something you need done is a dire emergency. The ablation was not, so I’m glad I conferred with everyone here and also saw a second Electrophysiologist, whom I really like. Yes, I was told by a coworker that having a pacemaker is no big deal. He said he forgets he has his unless he goes to the airport! He did admit it took some getting use to in the beginning, because he could hear it working. I told him I was use to noises coming from my body! Lol! What you want me to behave? Now really big brother, what fun would that be? 

Thanks Cort! Did you and Steve ever meet up? Gina, Steve you and I need to get together for another luncheon. Sometime in June if everyone is free.

Thanks Bina! I’m glad it all seems to be settling down too. Now let’s just hope it stays that way.

Rob thank you so much for listening to me that day and giving me advice. I really appreciated it. It helped me to make my decision and I am feeling better. Yes, it’s much better to be on “Local time”.

Back