Niggling pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tex

For most of the day today i have had a niggling pain under my left boob, its not made any worse when i move, it comes and goes when im sat still. When it comes on its very uncomfortable and sore, i cant remember doing anything that would of caused this. I had an AVR and Mitral Valve repair 6 months ago i have had problems with my sterum but this as i said is to the left side under my left boob. Any ideas, i will go and see Doc 2moz if its still there.
Thanks JANE

It could be just nerves still trying to heal, but you should still get it checked out soon.

I remember during my 6 months I was always going to the doctor to get one thing or another checked out, because I too would experience strange twinges and or pain.

Jane, I concur......see how it goes tomorrow, and call your doc if needed.
Otherwise, you are at the post op recovery time where the nerves are healing and
sometimes they can cause numb spots, itching, and twinges. Most of my spots with symptoms were also just under the boobies.
As long as you can breathe without pain, and are not having fever or sweating you should be fine until tomorrow.

maybe it's part of your muscles healing. I would say give it a few days and if it doesn't get any better, call the dr.

If you're not wearing a brassiere because it's uncomfortable around your incision (I don't unless I go out in public), you might try putting the harness back on. I was experiencing some discomfort boobwise this morning, and ended up putting a bra on for support and it did the trick. I generally think these things were invented during the Spanish Inquisition (no Monty Python jokes, please), but this time it was helpful.

Hi,
Just wanted to thank you all for your replies to my post, i went to the doctors today just to get it checked out, and guess what you guys were right he said it just all my nerves etc healing and i will gets lots of niggling feelings, but as long as i was not breathless or any other breathing problems and no temp it was nothing to worry about but did say dont be afraid to go back and see him anytime better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks again everybody
Jane

Hi Bina,
Im a great worrier anyway, so when i started feeling these funny pains i had myself dead and buried LOL. But i knew you guys would know i started to feel better as i read the messages.
Thanks again for you help
Jane

Glad to hear that everything is okay and you went to see the doc.

It is unbelievable how we all become more "in tune" with our bodies after OHS.

Hi Bina,
Im a great worrier anyway, so when i started feeling these funny pains i had myself dead and buried LOL. But i knew you guys would know i started to feel better as i read the messages.
Thanks again for you help
Jane

Just take it easy for a little while yet. We do not want any setbacks now. I wish you the best of luck on your ongoing recovery process. :D

It's great that you have a doc that will make you feel at ease, and to not make you feel as though you are wasting his time. I really hate when docs are condescending or make you feel as though you are using up their valuable time.
So hurray for your good doctor!

Good to hear all is well with you. Sorry you are suffering these pains and such but most of us do have variations of the same. Hope the healing goes quickly. :)

Thanks for letting us know what your doctor said.

Back