Nice Tribute Video to Dr. Duke Cameron

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! Great find, CBD! I was really happy to see such a great tribute to Duke Cameron!

I still think he should thank me because they gave him the position of head of the Department right after he operated on me!!!

:):):)

Very deserving !!! He did my AVR on 7/27 and did my mother's MVR about 10 years ago. A real class act and a great Dr.

Hey CBD - I just realized we almost had the same surgery date with Dr. Cameron (I think he normally does 2 in a day). They gave me two options - 7/24 or 8/14. For the 24th, they said he was leaving for vacation the next day, so if I wanted him to be there after the surgery, I would have to take the 14th. I went with the 24th (which became the 27th). Dr. Cameron postponed his vacation to get me in.

Coach14,

That is funny. I was the second surgery of the day. Amazing that he can do two a day -- though my father-in-law, who is an anesthesiologist and assists on aortic repair and valve replacements was very impressed with his speed.

That is amazing that he pushed back his vacation. Maybe not amazing because it seems to be in character for him, but still impressive. I actually wrote a thank you note to his family (not sure if he gave it to them) to thank them for all the sacrifices they must make to allow him to serve his patients!

CBD

CBD,

They told me that the appointment on the 14th was for the morning, so it would have been me than you....

Well Dr. Cameron called me on Thursday night to tell me that my surgery would most likely be postponed, he told me that he would do whatever was necessary to get me in as quick as he could. In this case, it meant postponing his vacation by 3 days. He never acted upset or put out by it. Just a very classy man.

Latest posts

Back