News of Peter's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peter Easton

Hi folks,

Just creating this space so that my kids can log in later with news of the surgery -- now set for 6:30 AM tomorrow morning.

Peter

Peter,
Good luck with your surgery... may your guardian angel be sitting on the surgeon's shoulder!

Take care and keep us updated.

Zazzy

Thanks, Peter, for having the foresight to set this thread up.

To your family:

We're anxiously awaiting news of Peter's surgery. I work on the ground floor of Shands so any of you can call me at 846-1202 if you get the chance. Also, if you need any help with logistics, etc., just let me know. When Peter is feeling up to it, perhaps Mike and I here at Shands could pay him a visit.

You are all in our prayers.

Update On Peter's surgery!

Update On Peter's surgery!

Hello!

This is peter's daugher, Naseemeh, and I was told to update on how the surgery went. Well for 7 anxious hours I waited at school and finally, in last period, I was told that he got through it-and he's doing fine. :)

My brother and I will be visiting him this saturday, hopefully. I will update this with more news as soon as I can. Thank you ALL for your well wishings and prayers- it worked. :D

Until the next update,

*Naseemeh :cool:

Hi Naseemeh-

You and your brother must be so relieved. Your dad did so much research on his operation, he could have probably done it all himself. LOL

It's wonderful, wonderful news. Tell him we're all thrilled for him.

Great Thinking Peter

Great Thinking Peter

Great Idea Peter and thanks to your offspring for being good sports and keeping us updated. The internet is a wonderful thing. You are a wonderful person, and you have a wonderful family. Hoping to see you posting as yourself soon - get well and don't sneeze..

Thank you, Naseemeh, for keeping us posted about your dad's surgery.
We're so glad to hear that he came out of it ok. Please tell him we wish
him a speedy recovery and hope to hear from him soon.

Your dad did so much research, he has been such a great help to me and,
i'm sure, others.

Please thank him for everything and wish him well for us.

-Sylvia

:)
Hi Naseemeh

Great to hear that your dad has had his surgery and everything went well. Tell him we are all asking for him. Will look forward to some updates.

Best wishes.

Peachy

Naseemeh-
Tell your dad we knew he'd make it.
what an anxious wait for you and your brother at school!
Now comes the fun part, the lounging around the sleeping, the napping, the pain pills.

-Mara

Thanks so much, Naseemeh, for the timesly news.

I think it's harder for the family than for the patient because of that long wait while the surgery's going on. But, don't worry, soon your Dad will be home and you can all pamper and spoil him like never before!

Keep us informed of any more details of his recovery and, if you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to call on us. We've only known your Dad for a short time but we feel very close to him because we've been through what he's going through now. And, especially, his inquiry into and preparation for his surgery was also a big help to so many others.

Your Dad is now on the much better other side of a very big mountain and things will only get better from here on out.

Just read Peter's 'Good Luck Peter' post and have to admit that I'm one of those 'traffic controllers' at Shands! We're far from perfect but usually get it done. Actually, when I used to work in neurosurgery a few years ago, I used to coordinate the helicopter ambulance to pick up head injury cases around the region.

By the way, please tell your mother that I might be able to help with the problem of being able to stay with him. It does depend upon the particular staff and roommates, but there are ways around these things. I stayed with my wife around the clock there a years ago when she had surgery, and she and I both stayed there taking turns for many weeks when my daughter was getting her botched surgery (by other surgeons at another hospital) fixed.

When I was recovering from my surgery there, the nurse told my roommate's wife that she couldn't stay there, and she just did anyway! A little uncomfortable sleeping on the chair, but I don't blame her.

Please let your mother know to contact me at 846-1202 at Shands Hospital if she needs help with this.

Last edited:
I would just like to say that I am amazed at how kind you guys are about my dad's surgery. Thank you for the constant support! Its great to see how many people care about my dad. :p From what I hear, he is knocked out cold :rolleyes: But, once I talk to him I will tell him how supportive you all are. :)

*Naseemeh

PS:: As you can see, I enjoy these smileys. :D

That is great news Naseemeh, Please keep us updated on how is doing. Like someone else said I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he didn't assist with just a local. It will take time but he will feel better. Just tell him to keep that pillow close ( sneezing, laughing and coughing ) and to take it easy for the first few weeks. We will continue to keep your father and your family in our prayers and thoughts.

Hi! I don't post often, but read daily. We've been pulling for your Dad as well, so please send him our hearty Best Wishes for a speedy recovery. Won't be long now, and he'll be up and running. My husband isn't having his surgery for another month, October 4th. I wish we were in your position, over the surgery and onto recovery. God bless. - Marybeth

Thanks, Naseemeh!

Thanks, Naseemeh!

We really all appreciate your letting us know about your Dad's successful surgery. Don't worry , within 3 to 4 days he will be perking right along and doing better and better. Thanks again.

Congrats Peter

Congrats Peter

Rest up and we hope to hear from you soon.

Hope you are feeling well.
Congrats on facing the mountain with such courage.
Kev

Hi Naseemeh:

We're so glad to hear he's doing great. Tell him we are looking forward to hearing his stories and we're looking forward to seeing him back in the forum.

Please continue to keep us updated.

Thanks

Ken

Great news Naseemeh !

Great news Naseemeh !

Naseemeh,

Great to hear your Dad made it through his
surgery yesterday and all is well. I talked to
his surgeon 2 times today and he told me your
Dad was doing very good! Dr. Martin also replaced
my aortic and mitral valves about 3 1/2 yrs. ago.
I work at Shands as a plumber, and in fact today
I was working on the same ICU that he is staying
in. He is in good hands and we are so happy he
is doing well. I will copy all the posts from
this thread and deliver them to him sometime
tommorrow. Take care, Mike in Florida ;)

Latest posts

Back