New York City

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tprice54

Taking off for NYC to run the marathon this Sunday. I'll start the throwdown thread, but will not be around to check it out until next week when I return. ALSO, anyone in NYC feel free to come an cheer me on!

Good luck, Tom!
Thanks for starting the mileage thread before you take off; that's dedication!
Wish I were there to watch!:)

Good Luck Tom! What Kodi said.....bib #.

I'll be running the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure Sunday morning, I'll have it easy, just a 5K, but I'll be thinking of you! :D:D

I'll be running the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure Sunday morning, I'll have it easy, just a 5K, but I'll be thinking of you! :D:D

Good for you Louise. I love anybody that raises money and awareness for any cancer. I'm a 13 year survivor on top of my heart issue and have two nieces that are breast cancer survivors. Post a report on your run. GOOD LUCK!

I wasn't able to follow Tom but had a friend of mine do part of it. He finished in 5:10:39, real close to his goal time. Congratulations Tom and let's have the real story as soon as you get your legs back.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks everyone for you support. The race did not go a planned, but I did finish. The first half went according to plan, but I felt a twinge a mile 14 in my left calf, and by mile 21 it was a full blown knot. The last 5 miles went something like run a little, walk a little , stretch the calf, repeat. The weather was cool but sunny, cold at the start on the Verrazanos bridge (and the 3 hours spent waiting for the start). The course itself is alright, but the crowds make this race. I actully met up with my wife at all 3 palces we picked out to try and see each other. The crowds are loud, big and everywhere. I will admit to tears after crossing the finish line in 5:13. After the last 18 months, I needed to finish a marathon again. Rather than repeat everything, a full report can be found at:
http://www.cardiacathletes.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=683&page=16

Congratulations on the finish Tom. Read your CA report. I can relate to so much of your run but heck, you did it. Next one will be better.

Congratulations, once again, Tom.:)
Reading your report in Cardiac Athletes made me wish I were a better/stronger runner. Maybe in my next life!;)

On the one hand I'm jealous because I wish I could do one too. On the other, because I always had a leaky valve, I made a promise to my wife when I first started running road races: no marathons. If nothing else, I'm true to my word, so let's just say I was there with you in spirit. That doesn't stop me from doing half marathons though, so let's see if we can make it to Wineglass next fall.

Latest posts

Back