New to the "waiting room"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all so much for your well wishes...unfortunately, my surgery date is on hold at this moment. I am determined to make it happen this month though.

It is not going to happen on my Lucky St. Paddy's Day...due to me reading a thread here, regarding BAV , connective tissue disease and a increased possibility of aneurysms, especially if you have a history of it, in your family. I tried to get the order for an MRI, started last week, but my surgeon was out of the state. So, after 3 days of calling his nurse, ...and her just saying "well, he has you set up for an echo of your carotid artery, along with your other pre-op stuff on the 15th".....................I finally demanded, she let him know, my daughter had a stroke at 19 ( mild) and my sister a brain aneurysm at 40 ( and a mod heart attack during the emergency surgery)....and I was not going to do my pre-op, without knowing she had informed him of this, before my surgery. So........an MRI was ordered, but after waiting till today, my insurance denied it. So I can either wait till my primary care physican calls personally, to try to get them to change their decision...or pay ($2600) for it myself. I have called the neurologist, who is a personal friend, to see if he agrees with a MRI without contrast...as I think maybe, it should be done, with and without or a MRA. If I am going to pay cash for it...I want what is the best.
I did ask my insurance " Are you willing to give me a signed paper, stating, you feel I will be fine, in OHS , without this MRI being done" They said NO......Funny...they denied it, but are not willing to risk their necks,backing their words... only mine...lol So..at first, I was very stressed, even angry....
But my attitude has changed, after talking with my youngest daughter (26), who is an Angel among us...( she has a faith I do not possess, since she coded for 11 minutes, and remembers "angels, being with her" and alot more)...she reminded me..."Mom, how do you know, God didn't guide you to this forum, to read that post, which would make you call, to ask if you need an MRI pre-op......to protect you from harm" So, with her enlightened wisdom.....I will look at this delay as a positive "gift".................after all, Angels do know best :)
And as she also said "Any day, I get a heart that will be working perfect again, will be a "Lucky" day....and with her words, faith, and her love...I am in a place of serenity now.....it will all be ok, of this I am sure. Will post new date, as soon MRI is done and surgeon is aware of results.
Thank you all for your kind support and understanding. Life is Good !!!
Renee

Latest posts

Back