New to the site

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to join the others in welcoming you to our site and family! I know this all sounds scary right now, but you sound like you're on top of things and that's what it's all about. We have many members here who have lots of experiences to share. I had a mitral valve replacement 26 years ago, and the same valve is still going strong. Neither the valve nor the Coumadin have stopped me from doing whatever I've wanted to do. Anyway, we're glad you found us. Keep us informed about how things are going. LINDA

Welcome

Welcome

Eric,

I can understand where you're coming from. I was diagnosed in 1992 on a routine clinic visit for a cold. The doc on duty was a cardio fellow pulling his clincical rotation (I was in the Air Force at the time), and he heard a slight "dub, dub, swish" he wanted to get checked.

Long story short, 15 years later I finally got to the point where surgery was necessary while trying to reduce the effects of permanent damage to my heart. The regurge had enlarged the left side a bit, but the surgeon and cardio are hopeful that I'll get back to "normal parameters" again.

I'm 3 weeks post op and back at work - no longer in the Air Force (retired in 2002) and I'm feeling great!

Best wishes for you and yours and we'll keep you in our prayers.

-AJ

Latest posts

Back