new to coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I've been to Louisiana lots of times. In fact, I lived in Shreveport from 1976 to '78, and my uncle & his wife lived in Shreveport for over 40 years. I was in Mandeville last month. Have been to Lafayette several times. Is Don's Seafood still there?

Don's seafood in still there. Jules and I ate lunch there yesterday. We had seafood gumbo and the lunch was smothered chicken, eggplant, okra, and a salad. Still excellent food.

Jules has a brother that has lived in Shreveport for many years.
Marie

I agree with the others Marie in that I too think you were started at too high of a dose but I believe eventually you too will come into range. Now you need to see if you can get a monitor? That would make everything so much easier for you.

As you know, I have been on coumadin for 34 years & have only had my monitor for the last 3 years. For all those years prior, I had to get myself to a lab on a bi-weekly or monthly basis to check my INR. That was a total drag!!!

Good luck with your dosing & please ask any questions you may have. We're here to help you, but then you know that!!! :)

Thanks Norma.
If I stay on coumadin I will get a monitor.

I know you can relate here but my 18 month old valve may be failing and my mitral valve is leaking so I could be looking at another surgery. Double valve replacement possible. I am scared spitless
Marie

Marie:

Sorry that you're having to consider possibly having another trip to the OR. I think we've all "entertained" that thought at times, and some have had it realized.

Keep us posted...........

Thanks Norma.

I know you can relate here but my 18 month old valve may be failing and my mitral valve is leaking so I could be looking at another surgery. Double valve replacement possible. I am scared spitless
Marie

I hear you my friend.....I know how you feel! Hang in there.....God is awesome & perhaps it will be a long time before you have to face yet another OHS.

Heck, two years ago, my Drs didn't think I'd be around much longer & here I am, still proving them wrong (knock on wood!)! :)

I'm praying for you Earline!

Thanks Norma.

Marie

Just do what I do. Just say NO.

Marie,

That's a tough row to hoe. Nobody's thrilled to have two unhappy valves. I'm sorry to hear you are going through this.

Did they say what was wrong with your Mosaic? Is it leaking or getting stenotic (opening getting smaller)?

I've somehow missed why you are on coumadin at this point. Have you developed AFib?

I have an apparently defective Mosaic that was stenotic right after it went in, and has become more so. Echoes from all angles have discerned no surgical "leftovers" or pannus (scar tissue) growth that would explain it.

There have been a handful of others found (all at one university hospital, so far), according to an article Lynlw researched. It may be a storage problem, or ..? Just curious as to where and if your valve issue fits in.

Best wishes,

Thanks Norma.

Marie
I'm so sorry to read this. Just breathe deep and take it a step at a time without trying to project too much in the future. (Advice given by one who has a hard time following it myself - but tries!)

Earline, I didn't realize you were going through so much these days. Try not to stress about the coumadin if you can help it. I hope you do end up with a home monitor. It really does help. I'll be following your posts to see how you are doing and in the meantime you will be in my prayers. I hope to see both you and Jules in October. God Bless!

Earline, I didn't realize you were going through so much these days. Try not to stress about the coumadin if you can help it. I hope you do end up with a home monitor. It really does help. I'll be following your posts to see how you are doing and in the meantime you will be in my prayers. I hope to see both you and Jules in October. God Bless!

Thanks Betty. I can use all the prayers I can get.

October is iffy right now just depends on where I am with my valves at that time.
Earline

Latest posts

Back