New Protime Model

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you still have to use the Tenderlettes with the little cup for the blood. That's where I had my problems with blown tests. Getting the blood to drop into the cup and not have an air bubble was tricky. I could go several tests without it happening and then have a day where I had to run a test 3 times to not get an air bubble.

It also looks like the cuvettes still need to be refrigerated. Judging from the photo with the tenderlette and cuvette next to it, it doesn't look like it's that much small, just sleeker looking. I would guess that the INRatio (and new Coagucheck S) is still half the size.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I'm a bit surprised that they didn't do away with the tenderlettes and just have a strip you can touch a hanging drop of blood to like INRatio and Coagucheck.

Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled and grateful to have my ProTime to home test with for 4 years. But I've found the INRatio to be so much easier, faster and smaller. The fact that it operates off of 4 AA batteries is a plus too. My ProTime's internal battery dying was why I ended up with a new home tester.

DuchessBear said:
ITC has recently announced a new model for their Protime machine. It appears to be more like INRatio and Coaguchek. I wish I could trade mine in for this one.

I'm going to try to attach a picture, but here's a link in case that doesn't work.

http://www.itcmed.com/protime.shtml

Hi Duchess, Glad to hear you are doing well. My advice go INRatio. When I did, Brian Woodward at QAS got me a good price, way below list. Worth a try.

Latest posts

Back