New Member MVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Trinalovescats;n868086 said:
I'm not a big fruit and vegetable eater,I have salad once in a blue moon.

My INR is usually between 2.5-3.5.It was 3.3 two weeks ago.Which is good.

I think you misunderstand what I was saying. Its got nothing to do with what you eat ... what I was saying is that you do need to keep an eye on your INR and doing it weekly is important. If you pretend that "But it will find its way back " you will eventually get a nasty shock. It can and does vary no matter if you are "a big fruit and veg eater" or not

I drink an espresso coffee mid morning and a decaf espresso in the evening. I drink a lot of tea too. When I was in ICU I had a lovely cup of tea, I remember it clearly as the best cup of tea is always when you haven't had one for a long time (12 hours) - here in the UK tea is given post surgery no problem !

I have two cups coffee in the morning, glass of decaf tea or cup of decaf coffee with dinner. Seldom have any of the special coffee products. BTW, coffee has never had an effect on my INR.

Paleogirl;n868135 said:
- here in the UK tea is given post surgery no problem !

If the tea you were given was anything like the tea we had while in the UK this past May, I can easily understand it being just a cup of heaven! I was totally unprepared for the rich, complex flavours their tea revealed. We just had to buy some leaf tea to bring home, as it was nothing at all like the teas we find in the chain tea shops here. We have one independent tea merchant about 30 minutes' drive from home, but with time as tight as it is, we rarely get there.

I guess the "rule" should be "When in the UK, drink tea. When in The States, drink coffee."

epstns;n868154 said:
If the tea you were given was anything like the tea we had while in the UK this past May, I can easily understand it being just a cup of heaven! I was totally unprepared for the rich, complex flavours their tea revealed.
Oh yes - English tea is nothing like the tea you get in any other country. It’s rich and fortifying. It has to be brewed right too, whether using leaf tea or tea bags, 4 to 5 minutes, and add milk, full fat milk, not skimmed. We’re off to France next week to our little place there and have packed our supply of tea for during our stay there. Coffee, beans or ground, we will buy there and will percolate our own as we have a coffee pot there. But tea - when the weather is too hot we drink tea to cool down, even though the tea is hot, it’s so refreshing ! And when it’s too cold we drink tea to warm up. After surgery you get given tea when you’re able to drink. When a person has had a shock they get given tea ! If I can't sleep at night I make myself a cup of tea and fall asleep straight after !

I was a certified caffeine addict before my surgery and thought post-op I would kick it given that I would have bigger fish to fry than worrying about withdrawal headaches. Then they prescribed me Frusemide and told me to keep my blood pressure up. I cheerfully took the challenge on by visiting my favourite barista each morning. I am back to two coffees per day, double shot flat white in the morning and a small one made on almond milk at lunch. It's just so delicious and I love cafe culture, damn it.

Hey. Greetings from the south of France. Glad to hear you have sorted everything out, welcome to the club. The people in here are wonderful when they're not needlessly picking over each other's opinions. May you have an easy recovery. It does get easier and easier and you'll be right as rain in no time. Best regards. David

Thank you David!

Happy 4 months to me!
Everyday since OHS has been a new experience for me now that I can walk.Went to the State Fair last night for the first time in 2 years and it was beautiful because I didn't get out of breath of told my parents I needed to rest for an hour.

Everyone on here has been wonderful.

Trinalovescats;n868206 said:
Thank you David!

Happy 4 months to me!
Everyday since OHS has been a new experience for me now that I can walk.Went to the State Fair last night for the first time in 2 years and it was beautiful because I didn't get out of breath of told my parents I needed to rest for an hour.

Everyone on here has been wonderful.

Role in month number 5, 6, 7.....very shortly! Woo hooo

Latest posts

Back